This should prove to be quite interesting (leaky Fabia owners, take note)

Scoo123

Agreed. Have they got anything 'Japanese' you could trade it in for? Hondas & Toyotas rate fairly highly for reliability - would have gotten one if it wasn't for the mundane drive. Have to say Germans do make the best diesel engines. Shame the UK aftercare is so lousy.

Well... I had an interesting conversation with one dealer on Sunday.

See, I thought they generally only dealt with the one finance company, i.e: if they generally deal only with Black Horse finance, they won't deal with anyone else.

But apparently, so long as the finance company I alreadyuse will cough up on the strength of an invoice from a dealers, I can go to anywhere... which brings about an interesting proposition.

Only... sad as it seems, I was quite happy with our KA, and a local main dealers was recently advertising these brand new for £5k on the road - basic spec, but so what - less to go wrong. ;)

However, I'm still looking at Mk4 Golf TDIs and Bora TDIs - don't really fancy anything Jap that I could actually afford, at present :)

Regarding the finance on my Fabia, if I can find someone who would like it, I'm happy to come to an arrangement with them whereby they get the car for say £5250, and I pay the extra needed to clear the finance, as I have already obtained a letter from the finance company that states how much needs to be paid to clear the car.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty good price for an 04 TDi!

Can confirm my one has got a leaky n/s/r door. Doesn't seem like the water's getting to the mats yet as the inner rubber door surround seal is doing its job, but will need to get it fixed before this becomes an issue.

That's a pretty good price for an 04 TDi!

Can confirm my one has got a leaky n/s/r door. Doesn't seem like the water's getting to the mats yet as the inner rubber door surround seal is doing its job, but will need to get it fixed before this becomes an issue.

Well... if you know anyone who would like it, PM me :)

It was first registered on 28th July 2004 as well, so nearly a 54 plate.

It'll have 30k on the clock by the time I get back off holiday next week, and it's a Comfort so has air con etc.

Nothing dodgy about it - apart from costing me £250 less to clear the finance, I'd rather see someone other than a dealer benefit from the fact it's not the car for me. :thumbup:

A dealer will have it up for between £5895 and £6495, according to the guides I've checked.

Well, as we've just bought a 1.9TDi, and already have a nice reliable spanish-built Polo 1.4 (an old 'un but a good 'un) as my run around, I'll have to pass! Sure someone on here may be interested.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a 2000 Fabia with only 30K on the clock. Constant leaks in rear doors causing smells and mould on the door panels.

This is unquestionably a design fault.

But it's not the only design fault - same with the anti-roll bar and power steering.

Agreed. Have they got anything 'Japanese' you could trade it in for? Hondas & Toyotas rate fairly highly for reliability - would have gotten one if it wasn't for the mundane drive. Have to say Germans do make the best diesel engines. Shame the UK aftercare is so lousy.

Not any more. My Toyota's 2.2 D4D makes the 1.9 in my fabia vRS look like a tractor engine. Noisy, smokey and the all or nothing power is just plain tiresome once you get over the novelty. Contrast with the Toyota which is linear, quiet and smooth and doesn't leave the road hazed with smoke when I out my foot down. The Honda i-CDTI is good too.

• 2 months later...

Mine is leaking too - What happened to Sarahs letter - it sounded like she had something interesting to say..........

Mine is a 53 plate VRS.

Consumer law is that "goods should be fit for normal use". This is clearly a manufacturing flaw - one that has been recognised internally in SUK. What would be great is if a SUK or dealership employee had a copy of this in writing.

I would be only too happy to see this go on national television / radio / any website that was interested. The contempt that SUK have shown to people spending their hard earned wedge on fabbys is hard to believe!

According to the poll today 88% of fabbys are leaking. I say let SUKs marketing department come to them and say "it would be cheaper for us to fix these bloody doors than too try and spend money building back up the damage to the brand".

I see they are putting spongcake into the new ones................ Man i should have bought an R8 - they look well put together.

BTW - selling ur fabia is a cop out!!!!! :-)

Skoda UK do apparently visit this forum and so are probably quite well aware of the results of the poll. They are just not interested and try to convince anyone who contacts Customer Care that there is no known issue with water leaks.

Mine is leaking too - What happened to Sarahs letter - it sounded like she had something interesting to say..........

Mine is a 53 plate VRS.

Consumer law is that "goods should be fit for normal use". This is clearly a manufacturing flaw - one that has been recognised internally in SUK. What would be great is if a SUK or dealership employee had a copy of this in writing.

I would be only too happy to see this go on national television / radio / any website that was interested. The contempt that SUK have shown to people spending their hard earned wedge on fabbys is hard to believe!

According to the poll today 88% of fabbys are leaking. I say let SUKs marketing department come to them and say "it would be cheaper for us to fix these bloody doors than too try and spend money building back up the damage to the brand".

I see they are putting spongcake into the new ones................ Man i should have bought an R8 - they look well put together.

BTW - selling ur fabia is a cop out!!!!! :-)

I did email SUK , but no response :( was very disapointed :( this is something that I know for a FACT that a bulletin was put out as to the repair of it when I did warranty

Gave you labour codes and part numbers

Sorry SUK you will have to get your fingers out on this one :( and I am not a happy bunny

Sarah

Just had a check of my rear doors and low and behold... water! Great this is all I need!

I was getting terrible condensation on all windows when I was returning to my car in the mornings and after work. I was getting pretty sick of it, so turned to the guys here to ask around... found this thread! So at least I know I'm not alone!

SealFront.jpg

SealFront2.jpg

SealRear.jpg

Campaigns against Skoda UK aside, how much is this going to cost to rectify??

Mine leaks but it's in the garage at night.

My warranty runs out in July 2008 so I will take it to the dealers in June and get them to fix it!

Judging by previous posts on this topic, it may take them longer than a month to fix it! :(

SWMBO's '04 1.9TDI Fabia leaks :thumbdwn:, but we only recently discovered it, so haven't tried the dealer yet.

I guess you can put us on that list of leaky cars - will let you know what the dealer says in due course.

Here are some pics of my machine 2 days ago - since then I have garaged it and run a fan heater constantly with the windows slightly down. Almost dry now!!!!!!!!!!!

I did notice that the top seal around the door frame is slightly away from the car body in places - see the pic. I dont think this is 'point of entry' my money is on the bottom of the windows.................

I have sent mine back to the indy sealer i bought it off 5 weeks ago - happy to do the work for nowt as he should. I was thinkin that as a good stopgap some insulation tape along the "seals" at the bottom of the windows might do the trick. Just remember not to lower the windows!

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

My Fabia has just started leaking again steaming up both rear windows. It an 04 reg so not even 4 years old yet!!! Hope SCOO 123 gets some joy moving this thing forward...Most car companies would have owned up by now...it's such a shame given the hard work Skoda (and VW) have put into rebuilding their name. You'd think they'd jump at the chance to fix something which is clearly their fault!

Errrrrrrrrr - i meant indy dealer - as in independant dealer

Whilst large quantities of water finding their way into the door won't help, the exterior seals on the windows aren't really there to keep out water. They're more of a general "keep lots of crap out of the door" type affair, not a water seal.

The interior of the door is designed to allow for water ingress. There'are drains at the bottom of the door to let it out.

The problem with our doors is the design and implementation of the door carrier subassembly. It allows (encourages?) water to becomes trapped, sitting on top of the seal between the two parts. Over time, things move around and eventually, it leaks.

J.