Just got my Octavia Scout

I have just taken delivery of my Scout. So far I think it is great, very comfortable interior, lots of toys as well. I took the Xenon, curtain and head-restraint options when I ordered; body colour is anthracite grey.

I have to say the Xenons are the dogs danglies, along with the rain sensing wipers and the light assistant. I still have to get used to the hill hold control thing which seems a bit odd.

So far, 450miles in and I am getting about 39mpg on my commuter run. This used to average about 27mpg in my Discovery II which I sold for this (with a 12 week gap in a Felicia 1.6 - ebay £450 :)).

2 day in, this car is great!!

17117.attach

17118.attach

17119.attach

17120.attach

Cheers

Dave

Yeah, thanks. Unfortunately it has rained since I got it and my drive to work goes past several farms so it is pretty mucky.

I was very very nervous of the colour until I got it - there was only silver demos available up here and a Occy estate looks pretty dark in the Anthracite grey, but the Scout looks great I think

Cheers

Dave

P.S - Fantastic photos you have on your Flickr link!!

• 1 year later...

Same colour as mine so I have to say I LIKE IT!

MPG will get better, also a lot is how you drive it. I used to get around 44 mpg but now with a bit of effort I am getting 50 mpg+ average.

Mine was second hand so I didn't get to choose the spec but xenons would have been nice.

Very nice and the best colour for a scout imo.

Out of interest, did you manage to get a particularly big discount due to the impending facelift model? Im still trying to work out what I want to do car wise at the mo. :o

Good luck with it btw :thumbup:

Lee

Nice (and a god colour - same as our 4x4!)

I've not seen a grey one before only black and silver.

Miileage should get better - the trip was showing up to 52mpg on ours on the long run to Kent this weekend but I haven't worked out the actual mpg yet for the same trip. However, with just short of 20k miles on the clock it seems to average 37-38 around town and 48 upwards on a run (depending who's driving and how...)

I'd anticipate the Scout wll be broadly similar.

Are they actually doing a 4Motion of any kind at the moment (excluding the R32!)

Remember considering a PD140 4Motion 3dr a while ago, but they were like rocking horse dropping and suitably overpriced as a result. The newest I could find was a 55 plate and IIRC one of the VW dealers said the model had been dropped in the UK :confused:

Wonder if it'll return in the Mk6?

Steve

Very nice and the best colour for a scout imo.

Out of interest, did you manage to get a particularly big discount due to the impending facelift model? Im still trying to work out what I want to do car wise at the mo. :o

Good luck with it btw :thumbup:

Lee

Don't do it Lee!!! Looking at what you've done to your vRS, I predict you would be massively disappointed with a Scout. I test drove a Scout and vRS extensively when time came to part with my (modded) Furby vRS and the Octy vRS won hands down. Don't get me wrong, the Scout is a nice car, but once you're used to the sporting performance and feel of a vRS, it just doesn't cut the mustard...

Nice pictures those :thumbup:

Like the tones and lighting :cool:

Steve

:)

couple pictures more.. I hope that winter is coming as soon as possible.. :D

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

Edited by Jii

Excellent - think you should allow Skoda to use them in some official Scout literature, with suitable renumeration of course! :D

Steve