Multimedia Install Part 1

Got some goodies delivered today and started to have a play.

Before i started

Multi.JPG

Moving Stereo to bottom position

Multi_1.JPG

Stereo in and screen mount in

Multi_2.JPG

Quick trial run of screen and dvd player

Multi_3.JPG

All back together and stereo still works :thumbup:

Multi_4.JPG

Remote eye for dvd placed on steering column. Just need to get remote eye and av leads to boot them start on boot build.

plus you'll be helping me fit the cables in for my amp / sub saturday... cause thats the kind of diamond you are ;)

install looks cool mate, screen looks HUGE !

Only while moving.

You need to link the power through the handbrake switch so when you let the handbrake off it turns off the screen.

Just got the cables to the boot. Wired up the DVD player to test the remote eye and audio to the stereo and all ok.

Crap pic of it in action :rofl:

Multi_2_3.JPG

Need some DVD's now

Only while moving.

You need to link the power through the handbrake switch so when you let the handbrake off it turns off the screen.

Just got the cables to the boot. Wired up the DVD player to test the remote eye and audio to the stereo and all ok.

Crap pic of it in action :rofl:

Multi_2_3.JPG

Need some DVD's now

That DVD looks like the start of Human Traffic :thumbup:

I was thinking of donig a similar thing but with the XBOX. Does the screen take inputs from other sources like Scart etc ?

that is human traffic... i think its pauls fav film TBH...

if you want me to bring a few quality flicks to the national meet i can paul... in the interest of showing the install off of course.

might be interesting fitting the cable to mine though paul, the inline fuse is massive... 120 amp fuses in it, its a box rather than the usual slim single fuse holder. Voodoo VK2 if anyone was interested ;)

As for the screen, like paul said its only illegal to have the screen on while your driving, but i suppose the police would have to prove you were actually watching it, i dont think there would be anything stopping you front adjusting the screen to the passenger could watch and you wouldnt. suppose its a bit of a grey area.

Anyway, with the tints who's gonna see !?

It is human traffic. Was the only DVD i could find.

The screen takes a RCA input so you would need this type of lead but dont use the RCA to Scart adaptor.

av_big.jpg

Yellow Connector to TV with White & Red going to the Headunit.

If you are going to the national meet on saturday i will go through what you need to do if thats ok with you.

It is human traffic. Was the only DVD i could find.

The screen takes a RCA input so you would need this type of lead but dont use the RCA to Scart adaptor.

av_big.jpg

Yellow Connector to TV with White & Red going to the Headunit.

If you are going to the national meet on saturday i will go through what you need to do if thats ok with you.

Damn I am not dude, I wonder if I can get the screen to fit in where the fubry dash insert is just under the stereo ?

• Administrators

What mount have you used for the screen?

I am in various stages of embedding a touch screen for incar tuning/nav/mp3/movies/interweb/email etc...but mounting it is proving the most trublesome. I need to find a scrapper and get the central console to test cut/hack :D

• 3 months later...