VRS price

W-TRON

Not impossible as I sold my 51 plate VRS in Rally Red to a member on this site for £5300 in July and it had 46,000 miles on it and was as mint as it could have been and it had reversing sensors fitted plus cam-belt done!

Since July the number of people looking for Octy Vrs' seems to have slowed and a number of owners on here have stuggled to shift theirs.

When I said trade value I meant the price a garage would have offered you if you were trading it in against a newer car!

Gosh, you really take advice well...

Personally I'd say you paid too much, but at the end of the day, it's your money, so if you are happy to pay that, then what is my opinion going to chance?

OK

I have a 53 plate which I'm thinking of selling shortly. It has only 27,000 and hyas had a full service in Feb, water pump changed then and so did the cam belt as well.

Its in great shape, completly standard with 11 months MOT. If someone offered me £5750 I take it no problem.

So so you think I'll sell it? £250 more than yours and newer with half the mileage.

OK

I have a 53 plate which I'm thinking of selling shortly. It has only 27,000 and hyas had a full service in Feb, water pump changed then and so did the cam belt as well.

Its in great shape, completly standard with 11 months MOT. If someone offered me £5750 I take it no problem.

So so you think I'll sell it? £250 more than yours and newer with half the mileage.

Well just after Xmas I'm going to be looking for a vRS again so if I see it about I may be interesed!

Just curious of how much you should pay for a mint octogon vrs in black 51 plate with 49k on the clock 1 geek from new hence mint CON, just serviced with the cambelt changed??
One of these sold in Birmingham this week (similar spec) asking price was 5500.

i bought 55 plate 18k miles a few months ago, mint condition (obviously)

i know i paid too much for it, but what the heck, it worth what you willing to pay for it.... i just dont think about how much i get for it when i go to sell it, as well, that will be a long time.....

even if i paid over the odds, best money i ever spent!

To be fair i always look at book prices and it was above book price slightly but to the equvilent golf i thought it was a good price and as i was looking at ibivas they were alot more!

But the guywho sold his 53 plate for 5750 got robbed!

In retrospect i should of researched more possible but i did not know of this website.....i still think its a cheap price but clearly there are cheaper prices????

I don't think you did too bad truth be told.

Mine was £6500 52 plate, 38k BUT it was due a cambelt and pump. Also mint condition. Bought end of July.

Some people I spoke to said I paid too much, maybe I did but I looked at a fair few. Some were more expensive, some didn't represent as good VFM when taking into consideration mileage and age and the cheap ones were all dogs.

Don't forget when you ask something like that on an internet forum your going to be getting responses from people all over the UK. I ended up traveling to Cabridgeshire to get mine and considering the amount of wasted trips I'd had to go and see "mint" cars locally that was as far as I was prepared to travel. Looking on Autotrader there were plenty for less cash... if you don't mind travelling either up or across the UK.

I wouldn't have minded travelling that far if I knew I was going to buy it but as I say I had too many wasted trips to warrent the risk.

I actually spent better part of this week driving around and looking at various VRs's and L&K's so let me share "first hand experience" as it were...

In South East, you will find quite a few 2001 RS Octavias with less than 60k on the clock offered by trade below £5000 mark. Private and "back of the train station" dealers have quite a few for less than £4500 if you don't mind 70/80k on the clock.

£5500 - 6000 should easily buy you low mileage 2002 and even 2003 if you don't care about main dealer services.

Trade in price of mint 51 plate vRS with 49k on the clock is £3890 so anything over £5k outside main dealers is pretty much priced last spring and forgotten about....

Still very low depreciation for what effectively is, over 7 year old car.

sounds like you need convincing for yourself.

basically, you bought it now, you wont be selling it for a while, just think of the smiles you get booting it rather than anything else you could get for that price.

if it min condition, why not put on private number plate, tel everyone you got a 54 plate, and you got a bargain!

If i went on here and asked how much people would pay for my 55 plate, 18k, i would cry at their suggestions!! so i dont!!

i bought 55 plate 18k miles a few months ago, mint condition (obviously)

i know i paid too much for it, but what the heck, it worth what you willing to pay for it.... i just dont think about how much i get for it when i go to sell it, as well, that will be a long time.....

even if i paid over the odds, best money i ever spent!

im the same as u,55 reg n 18k,from a dealer.but if it makes u grin im all for it,love it n dont regret it!

W-Tron,

You didn'y read the post correctly, I will be selling mine shortly, not up for sale yet and yes I will be selling it for £5750. I think its a good price and sorry you paid the same for a a car two years older with much more mileage.

Maybe it was you who got robbbed?

Also impossible to find one at that price?? Check the for sale board here!

If your happy with your car thats great but if you came on here to find if you you got the best price then the truth is probably not. Like the other posters say you need to do your homework and look around, lots of good cars out there and reasonable prices.

If you intend to keep the car for a long time then what you paid for it is not an issue as much as it would be if you wanted to change a year or two later.