Guestimate of what my Future power will be?

Meggsy

All,

Need help on a couple of things;

1. Can anyone reccomend a decent sport Cat?

2. Any Ideas what the performance of a Octy with the following mods will be?

- Pipercross Panel filter

- Miltek Cat back

- Front mounted Intercooler (Forge I'm thinking)

- Sport Cat (Best I can get)

- Forge Recirc DV

- Custom stage 2 Remap (Not sure which yet, Jabba?)

Would like an idea of HP / Torque / 0-60 + Q-Mile

Cheers

Scrap the panel filter and fit an induction kit. Get a boost controller as well as the other bits you said and your looking at 250BHP and 350nm of torque.

How do I know? --------- DONE IT :thumbup:

Always recomend Blue Flame exhausts and cats - I live near the factory and love their work.

Jabba do an excellent remap :D

Never recorded times but its night and day quicker. 0-60 in under 6 seconds i'd guess. But its the higher gears and speed where the difference is awesome.

Scrap the panel filter and fit an induction kit. Get a boost controller as well as the other bits you said and your looking at 250BHP and 350nm of torque.

How do I know? --------- DONE IT :thumbup:

Always recomend Blue Flame exhausts and cats - I live near the factory and love their work.

Jabba do an excellent remap :D

Never recorded times but its night and day quicker. 0-60 in under 6 seconds i'd guess. But its the higher gears and speed where the difference is awesome.

250 LB FT torque is no problem, but to hit a (REAL) 250 BHP with a standard K03s on a regular basis is a bit questionable?

Do you have a RR graph from anywhere other than Jabba, and what boost is your car running right across the rev range, and what is the maximum boost it hits on it???

250 LB FT torque is no problem, but to hit a (REAL) 250 BHP with a standard K03s on a regular basis is a bit questionable?

Do you have a RR graph from anywhere other than Jabba, and what boost is your car running right across the rev range, and what is the maximum boost it hits on it???

I'll admit, its not at 250BHP for long, but it does get there at 6000 RPM. Not had it on any other rolling road but have no reason to doubt the figures.

My mates got an Alfa 147 3.2litre GTA (the one that thrashed the golf R32 and the Leon cupra R in a straight line in Auto Express). There is nothing to choose between his and mine.

Another friend had the MK5 Golf with a DSG gearbox remaped to suposedly 260BHP (granted it was one of the first to be mapped and did have some issues) but mine walked away easily.

People I take out are suprised its only 250BHP and its done the Nurburgring in under 9 Minutes.

As for what pressures it runs at i've no idea, Jabbasport did the work not me and I've no pressure gauge in the car.

How about this for an exhaust option?

n754366998_624913_8114.jpg

n754366998_624914_7883.jpg

Less than 9 minutes round the ring, thats quite quick. I could only get 10:01 in a stock S2000 and that handles better than my Octavia :(

As for power, with those mods around 240 is a sensible figure :)

Kind Regards

Garry

Exhaust Sales

Last year, with the car compleatly standard I did bridge to gantry in 9mins 28. I was on the verge of crashing on every corner tho :thumbup:

This year with engine, suspension, brake mods managed 8mins 59. I wasn't pushing quite as hard as the year before and everything was far more composed ;)

I've done a bit of circuit racing since I was a lad but I know theres plenty more left in the car - may throw the keys at Sabine next year :rofl:

I'll admit, its not at 250BHP for long, but it does get there at 6000 RPM. Not had it on any other rolling road but have no reason to doubt the figures.

My mates got an Alfa 147 3.2litre GTA (the one that thrashed the golf R32 and the Leon cupra R in a straight line in Auto Express). There is nothing to choose between his and mine.

Another friend had the MK5 Golf with a DSG gearbox remaped to suposedly 260BHP (granted it was one of the first to be mapped and did have some issues) but mine walked away easily.

People I take out are suprised its only 250BHP and its done the Nurburgring in under 9 Minutes.

As for what pressures it runs at i've no idea, Jabbasport did the work not me and I've no pressure gauge in the car.

and the penny drops...:D

Last year, with the car compleatly standard I did bridge to gantry in 9mins 28. I was on the verge of crashing on every corner tho :thumbup:

This year with engine, suspension, brake mods managed 8mins 59. I wasn't pushing quite as hard as the year before and everything was far more composed ;)

I've done a bit of circuit racing since I was a lad but I know theres plenty more left in the car - may throw the keys at Sabine next year :rofl:

You must be around 280-290bhp with your modifications, Jabbasports rolling road often underreads, so in actual fact your easily running more. I'm running 250 in my Octavia, and I'm only hitting the Nurburg time of around 9 minutes 30 seconds and I know the track extremely well.

Ok, I am a bit confused now,

I was expecting around the 250bhp mark but some of you are saying 200-230? Surely I should be achieving 210-220 with the Remap alone and another 30/40 from the FMIC/Exhaust/Filter ??

225bhp ish max, mate your car doesn't make 250bhp try taking it to a RR day at JKM/awesome etc for more realistic figures :)

my car was standard when it went to jabba where it had fmic/remap/boost controller/tip/CAI fitted and came out with 226bhp and 256lbft which sounded nice. a little while later i went to blueflame and got a full turbo back exhaust as i was told this would help and i have never got over 202bhp and 220lbft anywhere.

if you think a fmic/exhaust/filter will get you 40bhp then you've been playing forza too much :rolleyes:

for an idea of what power to get take a look at this link, most mods are mentioned.

JKM Rolling Road day Gallery

its always interesting to see how people come to figures. i think ive said it a few times but wheel horse power is the only measured power on a rolling road everything else is best guess based on a programme and the engine braking on rundown, the guy on the rolling road can alter the way the programme makes its calcualtions and hey presto a 6000bhp octy with 180 bhp at the wheels.

:iagree: - well it might be a slight exageration to say 6_000 brake flywheel, but loss assumptions are an easy way of flattering an engine tune, or the owner's ego.

Realistically, I'd say 230bhpish flywheel on a sustained basis, but you might get more on a flash power run with a cool engine and dyno cell.

Im sorry but i would think you are looking at 240bhp max! Gary from piper owns our old car and that ran around that figure,in my opinion the fmic is not needed on a standard turbo'd car either so i would save that for a turbo upgrade!