Tesco Super Unleaded Petrol

Went to fill up with super unleaded petrol today, and tesco was advertising their new super unleaded petrol that is now 99 octane, with a guy from the touring car championship apparenty sponsoring it.

Has this always been the case or was it originally 97?

I never really noticed before, but thought I would give it a try. As the car manual says you should use a 98 Oct fuel.

Forgive me if this has been around for ages LOL :thumbup:

Not 100% sure on this but I think Tesco 97 and 99 octane super unleaded are distributed in different areas depending on which refinery area you are in. It's been 99 octane down here on the south coast for quite some time now.

The initial roll-out was 13 stations in the south-east 2-3 years ago, the Scooby boys kept the tanks nice and empty so they started a nationwide rollout. It's been 99 round Liverpool for a while, but I've seen some still 97 on my travels. They'll all be 99 eventually.

higher octane is the way forth. its annoying that our useless d*cks for government havent pushed Bio-Ethanol more. It's clearly going to be the future of the IC engine. You can grow it, and it's carbon neutral. Why arn't we all using it. Brazil do.

I wanna get my vRS mapped for E85 when it becomes more popular. Mmmm 105RON yummy!! To date ive only ever seen it in Morrisons stations in the Suffolk area.

Screw oil. I want bio juice.

Oh and it also smells lovely, and is safer for turbo'd cars as it reduces the chance of knock.

I used it in Yamaha R6 and WR450F powered hill climb cars, and it performed excellently. Lovely stuff.