Whiteline Rear ARB fitted

novaneil

Hi,

Just got round to fitting my Whiteline Rear ARB so I thought i'd take some pics to show you guys as I haven't seen anyone else on this Forum use it.

The reason I brought this ARB over the Jabbasport one is that its £100 cheaper and adjustable! Although i've heard great reports about the Jabba one I couldn't see it being worth that much extra cash so I brought this one.

I brought it from balancemotorsport (see link below)

Motorsport & Car Tuning Performance Parts - Bilstein Suspension B12, KW Coilovers. EBC Brakes, Motorsport preparation,Speedline Turini, Ferodo DS2500 / DS3000

and the kit is the BWR19Z (20mm Anti-Roll Bar-h/duty blade adjustable VW POLO) and was £128.05 delivered.

This is what you get for your money

Corsasport1440.jpg

Corsasport1447.jpg

Corsasport1448.jpg

Corsasport1449.jpg

Corsasport1451.jpg

Before fitting

Corsasport1450.jpg

Droplinks fitted

Corsasport1452.jpg

Corsasport1453.jpg

And bar fitted

Corsasport1458.jpg

Corsasport1455.jpg

Corsasport1454.jpg

Corsasport1456.jpg

The bar has 3 stiffness adjustments (Soft / Medium / Hard) i've currently selected Medium (with Eibach springs) but will see how it performs and have a play with the other 2 settings. Especially when i've got Coilovers fitted in the new year.

Corsasport1457.jpg

I also took the opportunity to stiffen the front up last week with the "Oldy but a Goldy" SEAT SPORT Ibiza strut brace :)

Before

Corsasport1421.jpg

After

Corsasport1422.jpg

Corsasport1423.jpg

I'll let you know how the ARB performs over the next week.

Neil

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way it's fitted is quite a bit different to the jabba one. the jabba one bolts straight on whereas this one has those yellow things (dont know what you'd call em) and is attached to the other side. also the jabba one uses the original bolts. The way it attatches to the torsion beam does look like a better system to the jabba one in all fairness.

pretty cool how it's adjustable though. i await your findings...

Well i've been for a drive, all be it in the wet so i've been taking it steady on my local country roads.

Now baring in mind I haven't experienced the Jabbasport ARB so I can only comment on what the Whiteline felt like compared to a standard Fabia on Eibachs.

First impressions where good.... driving round some nice 50-70mph long sweeping corners, the car defo felt more stable and composed. But again I was only cruising and by no means driving in anger because of the conditions.

Then I hit a serious of large open roundabouts with no traffic so I deemed it rude not to have a play ;)

And WOW!!! What a difference! I sware I now have the same mechanical grip levels in the wet as I did in the dry previously. As I accelerated through the roundabouts (did a couple of laps of each one) The front end hung on for grip much longer than I was expecting, then if you lifted off the back would just gentley and progressively come round (no opposite lock needed, just a squeeze of the accelerator to line her back up). I was very impressed indeed!!!

Will have to wait for the weather to dry up a bit before I can give you a full report of the ARB.

But so far so good :thumbup:

Neil

Tempting - always thought the Jabba ARBs are overly expensive (apologies to anyone who might take offence).

These I might just go for in the New Year.

don't worry, I'm sure many think the same ;)

:rofl: was just wondering when ud be along, something else to add to your xmas list to santa ;):rofl:

LOL. It's making the whole ARB thing look a lot more within my reach now I've gotta admit. :D

Cam belt and MOT due in Feb so once that's out of the way I'll seriously think about one of these......in fact, I may just buy one in January with my imaginary Christmas bonus.....

They do look like a smidgen more thought has gone into them than the Jabba one though. Not sure about the way they attach to the bottom of the rear dampers but the rest of it looks good. And it's not green either making it more subtle.

Any idea if they're stiffer than the Jabba equivalent?

EDIT: Just checked - the Jabba one is 23mm.....these are 20mm. Hmmmm......

LOL. It's making the whole ARB thing look a lot more within my reach now I've gotta admit. :D

Cam belt and MOT due in Feb so once that's out of the way I'll seriously think about one of these......in fact, I may just buy one in January with my imaginary Christmas bonus.....

They do look like a smidgen more thought has gone into them than the Jabba one though. Not sure about the way they attach to the bottom of the rear dampers but the rest of it looks good. And it's not green either making it more subtle.

Any idea if they're stiffer than the Jabba equivalent?

EDIT: Just checked - the Jabba one is 23mm.....these are 20mm. Hmmmm......

i've allready told you mate,buy one or choke on my smoke:D

ensign didn't want an extra penny:eek:they logged it and that was that:D

I found a lot didn't add to the premium. I think they assume that its uprating a standard part rather than adding one it doesn't have originally?

How does the three holes increase the stiffness of the bar, anyone? (physics/engineering not my strong point)

I found a lot didn't add to the premium. I think they assume that its uprating a standard part rather than adding one it doesn't have originally?

How does the three holes increase the stiffness of the bar, anyone? (physics/engineering not my strong point)

By using the hole on the very edge of the bar you have more flex in the bar, as its effectivly longer - so this would give it a softer less firm setting. By using the hole on the inside of the bar there is less length so less flex, making it very firm and of course very stiff - the most extreme setting.