The current weather...

'daiking'

I've never seen my car so dirty. Is it me or is it particularly bad in this near freezing but dry weather? Almost worth a how dirty is my car thread.

I also don't remember having to defrost my car on so many consecutive days (4 winters driving doesn't count for much :rofl:) am I right in thinking its bad at the moment?

yeah mine looks a state, looks like the wax (collinite) isnt doing its job unless the grim is a good couple of mm's thick on it. Windscreen is even getting to the stage it will need washing as everytime i use the squirters it just smears parts of it as if the wipers have missed it.

My standard exhaust looks like it has some type of corrosion on it

So much that when i got out of the car today and noticed it i walked back to the car to investigate

And found that it was a thick layer of road salt

Well i've just been over to the Skegness area to bring my grandad over to mi folks for christmas and for the second year running the car is absolutely filthy. It's not far off what it was like last year but is slightly cleaner I'll try and get both cars washed tomorrow if i get chance.

The pictures below were taken the day i went over last year and believe it or not the car was pristine when i set off from home as i'd only washed it the afternoon before!!!!!

Excuse the location i'd taken the mrs to leave some xmas flowers at her folks grave.

22122006120.jpg

22122006123.jpg

Cheers

Dave.

[smug] Knowing the weather was turning like this I spent a full day washing, claying, polishing and waxing our cars. Called at the jet wash yesterday and all the muck rinsed off easily with no effort, leaving lovely water beads. A failure to prepare is to prepare for failure :D Once it dries a little I may go for a coat of Simoniz Original which should see me easily through to spring, if not right through to next winter.

[smug] Knowing the weather was turning like this I spent a full day washing, claying, polishing and waxing our cars. Called at the jet wash yesterday and all the muck rinsed off easily with no effort, leaving lovely water beads. A failure to prepare is to prepare for failure :D Once it dries a little I may go for a coat of Simoniz Original which should see me easily through to spring, if not right through to next winter.

That was the good thing about washing the car after the above pics it was done in 10 mins....... Should be the same again this time too. :D:D:D

Cheers

Dave.

Just spent three hours cleaning the luxo barge, it was more like a dirty old tractor thanks to the country lanes.

The whole car was a matte black colour - lovely!

It only took me 1 hour to thoroughly clean both cars this afternoon.

Good preparation means a clean car whatever the weather is no chore really.

Scruffy sods you are:D

And another thng, who said silver cars don't show the dirt? They're worse than black in this weather

Only yours - cos the Mazda paint is full of potholes the dirt can cling to :D

I've never seen my car so dirty.

As consolation. Put up a piccy, then we'll get NeoVRS to post one of his. Enter them into one of the photoreview site comparometers and yours will probably come up as 'pristine' :rolleyes:

agreed that if you prep the car properly the crud just washes away,mine was pristeen this morning,i set off for the n/e christmas meet,and 1 and a bit hours driving later my wheel looked like this

P1050071.jpg

it was a bit dark when i got back so no pics of her filthy,and a quick swill at the jetwash,she was gleaming again:D

did mine this afternoon (once it had defrosted), caked to kingdom come with dirt and salt, once this was washed with two buckets of hot water a spray on shampoo at very start, hose down with jet wash and washed again with the second bucket of hot water (then rinsed) i applied the autoglym (ice) wax which seemed to freeze on contact on the roof.

Anyway left the car running and went on well on the bonnet and front of the car, not to bad on the back and sides, but the roof, well front half and part of the back is done, just couldnt shift the water (sorry ice) on the back part of the car.

Well just before it got dark i took a look out side and it looks nice, certainly cleaner than every other car round here and no doubt back to square one by the time i get to work tomorrow, but at least its cleaner.

Did mine today too, had to change the buckets halfway through as the car was so caked in dirt!!!

Looking nice and clean again now, i've been using microfibre clothes from tescos... they are fairly rubbish for 80p for 3 they are perfect for wheels, tyre dressing etc....

Out of interest I gave my car two coats of wax 6-7 weeks ago. Do you guys reapply the wax, or get some spray wax every few weeks?

Or leave it for 5-6 months and go at it again! :D

Did mine today too, had to change the buckets halfway through as the car was so caked in dirt!!!

Looking nice and clean again now, i've been using microfibre clothes from tescos... they are fairly rubbish for 80p for 3 they are perfect for wheels, tyre dressing etc....

Out of interest I gave my car two coats of wax 6-7 weeks ago. Do you guys reapply the wax, or get some spray wax every few weeks?

Or leave it for 5-6 months and go at it again! :D

Every six to eight weeks depending on how bad the roads are.

Funny you should post that

I was only thinking on friday how dirty loads of cars on the roads were

Must be due to copius amounts of road salt being lashed about lately

Just remembered - I think they are using molasses (seriously) to make the grit more sticky = more dirt sticking to cars.

Noticeable too when you wash the car as the dirt is slightly 'greasy' and seems to come off in 'gloops' (as opposed to just running off).

Mine is well overdue for a coat or two of wax, the 915 has all but gone and I have the 476s on standby but it's been too bloody cold to do it properly :thumbdwn:

The black wow has worked a treat though, as good as the day I put it on the trim 2 weeks ago :thumbup:SCD Black Wow the only exterior trim dressing you will ever need!

• 2 weeks later...