Heated scooshers

rggc

A long time ago, I saw a suggestion that you could get a heated effect by buying a few meters of washer pipe and a non-return valve or two & insert this all between the washer pump & nozzles. The extra length of pipe gets wrapped around a conveniently placed radiator hose & secured somehow... Heated washer for a couple of quid!

Disclaimer:

Never tried it myself!

Is it possible to have heated scooshers on an Octavia? I have upped the conc on the fluid but it has been a cold week with a dirty windscreen.

I would have thought there was some VAG vehicles that have them but don't know if they could be fitted to the Octy..... We had them on our IS200 and they worked a treat. Couple of minutes after starting the car you could clean the windscreen whilst driving along no probs. :D:D:D

Cheers

Dave.

A long time ago, I saw a suggestion that you could get a heated effect by buying a few meters of washer pipe and a non-return valve or two & insert this all between the washer pump & nozzles. The extra length of pipe gets wrapped around a conveniently placed radiator hose & secured somehow... Heated washer for a couple of quid!

Disclaimer:

Never tried it myself!

I think the only problem with this idea is that generally the times when you need heated washers are when the engine will be cold (such as a frosty morning start). By the time the coolant pipes are hot enough to have an effect, I would have thought that the warm air inside blowing on the windscreen would have done the job. :)

Heated washer nozzles are an option, at least in Ireland. I have them on order with my vRS. The order code was 9T1, price was 35 euro. I think they just clear the ice from the nozzles themselves, so you would still need plenty of antifreeze washer solution.

Is it possible to have heated scooshers on an Octavia? I have upped the conc on the fluid but it has been a cold week with a dirty windscreen.

I assume you mean washer jets by scooshers?

So you mean an Octavia MK I or Mk II

and if it still isn't washing then you have a problem as it's only -6 degrees here and the screenwash mixed at the right concentration will do down to -35/-70 neat

If you have a MK I , then the elegance models had heated jets, if you have a MK II then I don't know, but I would bet they exist for the Scandinavian countries if you can find the part number.

Oh and it would be appreciated if you could at least try to use English when posting on the forum.

Judging by how mine froze up I would assume they are not heated.

My Mk.1 nozzles used to freeze as well though, maybe they were duff.

Should have bought a Golf :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Bit of a blast from the past this thread but does anyone know what, if any, octy's do ACTUALLY have heated windscreen jets?? I thought my L&K did, but I'm guessing from this that it doesn't!:confused:

I had heated jets on my Focus but the pipes froze anyway. I didn't find that they made much difference other than age the plastic cover more quickly.

Surely the answer is to buy some decent screenwash, I bought some Holts High Performance (from Costco) for about £8.00, it's good at 50/50 dilution for -16 degrees, and then down to -32 neat, that should see us through even the worst of British winters!!!

Can anyone explain just what the purpose of heated washer nozzles actually is? Yes, I can see them unfreezing the nozzles so washer fluid comes out, but wouldn't it be better for washers not to work at all because they're frozen rather than washer fluid freezing on the screen and obscuring vision totally whilst on the move????

Then we could all go back to bed in the morning safely in the knowledge that our excuse for not turning up for work was the water to clean my windscreen was freezing :rofl:

The whole point is that along with a decent screenwash you can pretty much use the washers at any temperature.:)