Climatronic test, someone please ?

I was under the impression that the climatronic had 3 modes:

1. AUTO = Maintains set temprature in cabin, using Aircon.

2. ECON = Maintains set temprature in cabin, but does not use Aircon. (steamy Windows)

3. Neither AUTO or ECON, just BLANK = Puts out the set temprature Air into the cabin.

1 & 2 work great, but 3 I am confused about.

I set the temprature to 18 or 19 and it puts out warm air, but after a while the air then gets cold. Seems to be working in the same way as AUTO.

Can someone try this out on a climatronic system for me to see if it behaves the same.

The temp changes after a while not straight away.

I dont think there is a problem just wondering if they all act the same.

:thumbup:Matt:thumbup:

Auto Maintains the temperature

Econ Maintains the temperature as far as possible without using the A/C

Blank just pumps out air constantly at whatever temperature you set

Yes, thats it just like a traditional heater. But, the A/C compressor is still online. So if the ambient temp is around 4c, then the compressor could cut in/out and cause the temperature from the vents to fluctuate. A bit like my old mondeo, turn the heater so that heat comes out, then press the A/C button and it get cold.

Auto Maintains the temperature

Econ Maintains the temperature as far as possible without using the A/C

Blank just pumps out air constantly at whatever temperature you set

I think!

As i thought, but setting say the temprature is set to 18 with a fan speed of 2 bars.

The air is hot for a few minutes, then it goes colder, not cold, cold though.

Reason i found this out was. The AUTO mode in the mornings wants to pump out hot air until the cabin reaches my set 20. which does feel hot, but then settles down to maintain that temprature, so could be cold air or hot air being pumped out to keep the temprature.

Am I making sense ?????????????:D

BLANK = air conditioning on but with fan speed and outlets under the control of the driver. I normally use that mode when I want air conditioning on because I like to decide which vents I want to use and what fan speed too.

Can someone tell me if the compressor should work all the time and if the fan on the radiator should cut in and out or stay on all the time. The reason I ask is, that tonight I have neither the compressor nor the fan, outside temp is 4 degrees and my local dealer seems to think neither will work until the temp is higher, but seem to remember it worked all the time on my superb regardless of outside temp.

Can someone tell me if the compressor should work all the time and if the fan on the radiator should cut in and out or stay on all the time. The reason I ask is, that tonight I have neither the compressor nor the fan, outside temp is 4 degrees and my local dealer seems to think neither will work until the temp is higher, but seem to remember it worked all the time on my superb regardless of outside temp.

Under 5 degree and it goes into a safe mode, so it will not work correctly.:thumbup:

After more testing i have found that if in "BLANK" mode set at 19 it will throw out warm air at feet, face and window, but after a while the face vents will go colder, but the others will keep putting out warm air.

If i put the face arrow on, i get warm air at my face.

All seems to be good. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...