Superb Combi in 2009?

StuartA

The Superb is supposed to be the luxury barge of the fleet, does the octavia estate not fulfil anyones estate car requirements?

I know Mercedes/BMW sell estate versions of the E and 5 but otherwise estates in that market segment cant be big sellers?

Volvo anyone? I'd certainly be in the market for a luxo-estate from Skoda :D

The Superb is supposed to be the luxury barge of the fleet, does the octavia estate not fulfil anyones estate car requirements?

I know Mercedes/BMW sell estate versions of the E and 5 but otherwise estates in that market segment cant be big sellers?

I would have bought a Superb estate like a shot, the Octavia is nice but is more like a focus estate than an A6, I would put my name down tomorrow for one of these.

The Octavia and Superb are very different cars, the Octavia feels pretty small from the drivers seat in comparison to the Superb, the boot entrance isn't as square or wide etc

I would have bought a Superb estate like a shot, the Octavia is nice but is more like a focus estate than an A6, I would put my name down tomorrow for one of these.

Me too - Having had the 2.5 v6 until last week when I traded it in for a 1.9 Octy elegance estate. Plan is to keep this one for 2-3 years until I can get a deal on the Superb estate, or a VrS estate :confused:

You do notice the size difference getting in and out, ie the door opening size isn't as big (6'3", 20st). Driving compared to the superb is much tighter although not as relaxed, so yes I will be jumping at a Superb estate if it is comfier.

im sure 4x4 will be availible, as one of the guys that got interviewd on auto car said not makeing a 4x4 would be just plain stupid! or something on the lines of that haha:)

• 2 weeks later...

The reason that there was NO estate on the current model, was that the big brother attitude of VW said you can't build one. If you wanted an estate, you either got a Passat or an A6.

They missed a great opportunity.

I'll certainly up for 3.0 TDI V6 Estate Elegance when its out.

I had an Octy mk1 vRS Combi, but needed more room in the back for the growing family. Had to go for the Passat in the end for space and performance (170ps Diesel and DSG). Would have definitley looked hard at a Superb estate if there was one...

I'll certainly up for 3.0 TDI V6 Estate Elegance when its out.

I've heard on another thread here that the highest Diesel engine available will be the 2.0TDI 170 due to the platform it's based on :(

I'll just have to go for the 3.6FSI :D (Dream on :rolleyes::D )

• 1 year later...
given that was dustinhains first post and it goes straight to combi (the company) child car seats then it doesn't really belong in any forum....

Thats cos he's a spammer ........Who's now gone ;)