advice on k04 upgrade on vRS

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Edited original post,meant at the flywheel.:rofl:

May I ask where your car was rolling roaded? I know remapped cars with more modifications than you, not even putting out that power.

This is the difference between accurate, and inaccurate rolling roads. :thumbup:

May I ask where your car was rolling roaded? I know remapped cars with more modifications than you, not even putting out that power.

This is the difference between accurate, and inaccurate rolling roads. :thumbup:

Mine was done at Awesome and i have only ever had it done once as i don't read into figures.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad/graph/rr.briskoda_20.10.07/11.jpg

We've been down this road before, where the flywheel figures are stupidly high, and huge transmission losses. Which is obvioiusly inaccurate ;)

What huge transmission losses? The 54 bhp is DRAG, not transmission loss! The Drag figure takes a number of things into account................

I would think very hard before spending the best part of 5 grand on the car (if new bits of course) i mean you need suspension a clutch n flywheel bgger brakes and if going over 300 a new gearbox on top of the turbo and acilaries manifold ect ect esc.

Thats the reason is stopred at 230hp with k03.

I mean a focus ST225 is about 10.5k 11k now with a £400 remapp 270hp

with £1800 300hp , clutch not needed and £500 for suspension plus in std form whips vrs in every way on handling so moddified would be better again.

But hey its your money the vrs is a great looking car but somtime common sense has to kick in on spending on big mods.

Must admit I agree.

If the car not good enough for you then buy a better one in the first place.

I beleive that the car can be better than it is. realistically the car will of cost me £14500.

new car plus rear ARB Strut brace and the remap plus few bits and bobs.

I am happy spendin that on a 210 bhp car that is good lookin and drives well.

I dont agree in spendin 3k 4k on makin the car that little bit better when as said there is the focus ST, Astra VXR and even the Astra GSI.

all you doin is piling money in to somethin that will only lose value so whats the point?

IMO

I would think very hard before spending the best part of 5 grand on the car (if new bits of course) i mean you need suspension a clutch n flywheel bgger brakes and if going over 300 a new gearbox on top of the turbo and acilaries manifold ect ect esc.

Thats the reason is stopred at 230hp with k03.

I mean a focus ST225 is about 10.5k 11k now with a £400 remapp 270hp

with £1800 300hp , clutch not needed and £500 for suspension plus in std form whips vrs in every way on handling so moddified would be better again.

But hey its your money the vrs is a great looking car but somtime common sense has to kick in on spending on big mods.

Have I missed something here,where did the 5k come from,at the start of this post I believe most of the parts required are avail or have been got quite cheaply. and as the original poster says he is not looking for huge power increase.

Yeah,the same people keep jumping on the bandwagon and stirring things up,...as you say.. oh well. Hope you carry out your mods and are happy with the results...Sod them.

an st may be that cheap now but i bought my car 4 years ago for 5k and spent about the same again on mods over time and i am more than happy with how it drives and when i haven't broken it, it goes quite well.