Increased insurance premiums following remap?

What are peoples experiences of how much their insurance premium rose after having their cars remapped?

Do most insurers cover remaps? Mine (More Than) wouldn't cover me for changing springs so I'll be going with another insurer when it's due for renewal.

Elephant seem ok for me with a map, but the cost goes up by nearly £400 for me! :eek:

Hence my car isn't mapped, but will shop around come renewal time.

They are however fine with a posh intake and suspension changes. :)

DL wanted about an extra £150 for declaring performance air filter and remap adding up to 20% power increase.

So I called Adrian Flux for a quote and now pay about £30 less with mods than it was standard with DL :confused: :)

I know many on the TT Forums and ukmivs forums use Adrian Flux. What are they like when it comes to making a claim?

DL wanted about an extra £150 for declaring performance air filter and remap adding up to 20% power increase.

So I called Adrian Flux for a quote and now pay about £30 less with mods than it was standard with DL :confused: :)

Thought I'd give them a go after reading this (insurance due in 2 weeks!). I'm with DL and Adrian Flux could only give me a best price £70 more than my renewal:(.

Thought I'd give them a go after reading this (insurance due in 2 weeks!). I'm with DL and Adrian Flux could only give me a best price £70 more than my renewal:(.

I suppose you need to weigh it up in the context of any performance mods you are likely to make as I assume Adrian Flux would be cheaper if indeed DL insured them at all.

Give Chris Knott a ring too, and of course mention Briskoda :)

cheers, gave us a quote 10% less than DL and £50 less excess:). Still got 2 weeks to decide yet! what happens after a year though? I forgot to ask:O

How would the insurance companies ever know???

I think there is many a thread on here about this subject!! to me its the same as not having insurance. cos if you have an accident and they find out, you are not covered and I suppose open to prosecution let alone the consequences of any accident that has happened etc.etc.

• 7 months later...
Elephant seem ok for me with a map, but the cost goes up by nearly £400 for me! :eek:

Hence my car isn't mapped, but will shop around come renewal time.

They are however fine with a posh intake and suspension changes. :)

Just rang Elephant to see how much a remap would be but they said they don't quote for remaps/ECU piggy backs/tuning boxes. Wonder if this is a very recent thing??

I think there is many a thread on here about this subject!! to me its the same as not having insurance. cos if you have an accident and they find out, you are not covered and I suppose open to prosecution let alone the consequences of any accident that has happened etc.etc.

Your dead right. If you don't declare all the facts, "YOUR NOT COVERD!"

Edited by Ray_Green