The Briskoda are you paying too much for petrol and diesel price quest (moan)!

filled up yesterday at 117p per litre have just gone past the same garage and its now 119.9 per litre .i also thought the price of oil had come down, so why do they keep putting it up. is it because its on the a30 in cornwall and theres lots of tourists about to rip off?

Personally I'd be careful about posting info like this on a public forum. Things like this have a habit of turing round and biting you on the ****. Just ask people that have had warranty work refused and their warranties voided by SUK because of mods they've chatted about on here.

Just a friendly heads up.

By avoiding paying extortionate duty on diesel is not a warranty voiding modification I don't think.

By avoiding paying extortionate duty on diesel is not a warranty voiding modification I don't think.

No. But some law enforcing agencies might be very interested in the info though.

What I meant by the warranty voiding is that it's not just friendly Briskodians that read these forums.

at an avarage price of 115p per litre it would be £2066.55. just think of the nectar points tho.

Hehe, thanks for that, would be damn annoying as most forecourts will only let u have about a hundred litres at a time i think.

Anyone care to work out by how much diesel will have to go up by to make filling up equivalent to petrol....

I've had a go below but don't scold me if Im totally wrong - not a mathmatician

Chose 2 octy's:

Diesel car 1.9tdi consumption 48mpg combined

Petrol car 1.8tfsi consumption 38 mpg combined

petrol car does 79.2 percent of what diesel does per gallon

take diesel as 114p per litre (which it is for me locally)

take petrol at 107p per litre (which it is for me locally)

Can someone work out how much more than petrol diesel will have to get to make it more economical to purchase than diesel?

I worked it out at 37p more expensive to make it more viable to get a tfsi over a 1.9tdi but probably wrong -

Someone have a go please!

:)

Think this is right - but no guarantee :D

Diesel car is costing 10.79p per mile

Petrol car is costing 12.78p per mile

So for a 500 mile trip, petrol would cost you £10 more (£63.94 compared to diesel at £53.95.

To be the same, I calculate diesel would have to increase by 21p per litre

I will now go and lie down in a darkened room :D

Anyone care to work out by how much diesel will have to go up by to make filling up equivalent to petrol....

I've had a go below but don't scold me if Im totally wrong - not a mathmatician

Chose 2 octy's:

Diesel car 1.9tdi consumption 48mpg combined

Petrol car 1.8tfsi consumption 38 mpg combined

petrol car does 79.2 percent of what diesel does per gallon

take diesel as 114p per litre (which it is for me locally)

take petrol at 107p per litre (which it is for me locally)

Can someone work out how much more than petrol diesel will have to get to make it more economical to purchase than diesel?

I worked it out at 37p more expensive to make it more viable to get a tfsi over a 1.9tdi but probably wrong -

Someone have a go please!

:)

I personally would have thought that 38mpg is an optimistic figure for the 1.8TFSi and 48mpg is a conservative figure for a 1.9TDi (my fabia 1.9TDi would achieve this despite being driven pretty hard most of the time). Bring the petrol to 35mpg and the diesel to 50mpg and the difference increases . . . . I think unless you run a fairly small and/or very frugal petrol car, diesel will be a cheaper means to fuel the car for the foreseeable future. :)

Personally I'd be careful about posting info like this on a public forum. Things like this have a habit of turing round and biting you on the ****. Just ask people that have had warranty work refused and their warranties voided by SUK because of mods they've chatted about on here.

Just a friendly heads up.

Your right about the warranty refusal if red diesel is found. I used to work for Peugeot and as soon as we saw red diesel in the fuel line in a warranty covered car we immediately tore up the warranty papers for the engine and the big bill was re-written for the customer to pay! On the HDi Peugeots it used to cause hellish running problems too because red diesel is not refined as much as white because tractors dont need it to be so. You could always guess if it was on red when a car came in with the engine light on and rough running even before you removed the fuel filter to confirm it!

I know that Tescos - just about a mile or so from Hockmeyers, the ex-Skoda, now Daisplatsu dealers! Had a sarnie at Tescos for lunch about 4 years ago when Hockmeyers sold proper cars and i was thinking about buying one off them.(A Skoda, of course!).

Totally agree, fuel is way way too expensive in this country.I reckon we should all buy cheap Red Diesel and use that.What are the chances of ever getting stopped and 'dipped' - never happens to a car driver, mainly trucks/commercials. I did it for 7 years and never got dipped once.It was too tempting at 25p a litre.I'd do it again tomorrow if i had a diesel.There are many scaremongers who say it wrecks your engine etc, thats rubbish, its normal diesel with a dye in it, thats all, and it doesnt smell any different or make your car smoke more.And you also get the added thrill of knowing you are screwing the government!

Red diesel is noticable as it creates a bit more smoke than normal and when caught you will be fined against the mileage on the clock not how much you actually have in the tank.

Oh and if you think you wont get caught trust me you will sooner or later either by a VOSA officer or police officer as this is one of their targets this year. Just another heads up.