Koni FSD's

I finally got the FSD's fitted this week and my god are they good. I have now had the car with the OE setup, OE dampers with Eibachs and now the FSD's with Eibachs. All have been with the Jabb RARB.

OE springs and dampers

I found the standard set up from Skoda to be fine until pushed hard. The car seemed to be restless on the road and wallowed about a bit. It also used to bounce up and down and never felt planted to the road. To me it felt a bit crashy and pitched and rolled, even when driving it normally. The steering input was okay but also a little vague for my liking. The standard setup is okay, but I think Skoda could have done a much better job in the handling department.

OE springs and dampers plus Jabb RARB

Once the RARB was fitted. The car turned more positvely and had less roll to it. But it still pitched much more than I liked under braking.

Eibach springs and OE dampers

Once the Eibachs were fitted to the car. The car felt much more planted to the road. The steering was less vague and it had almost solved the pitching issue under braking. A worthwhile upgrade for little cost. The car was firmer but not back breaking firm. It remained composed under heavy compression around corners and only really understeered if pushing too hard.

I thought I would settle for this option as the car drove more like a hot hatch. However...

Eibach springs and Koni FSD dampers

Well, the difference was big one! The hole car rides like it should have from the factory. The overall setup is stiffer than the factory OE. Yet it does not bang about or jar you like some setups can. The car rides over bumps and potholes with ease. You hardly notice they are even there! Then when you push the car hard through corners, the steering feel is immense. The car just points, turns and goes round with ease. It remains composed and settled all the times.

If you have the funds, then I cannot rate this set up highly enough. I am sure that others on this forum would agree with me. Each indivdual modification has had a plus effect on the cars handling. But it is when they are all working together, that you really get the best out of it. If Skoda had released the VRS from the factory with this setup. It would eat other cars in the same category for breakfast.

I am now going to get the cupra bushed fitted with the powerflex on the rear. Also going to get the FARB fitted with powerlfex bushes too. Lets see if this alters the car again?

:iagree: - good aren't they? :)

Again, a good idea with the bushes upgrade, should have had them done at the same time :thumbup: Turns the steering feel and directness up another touch...

Steve

Hmmm, good thread.....only problem is I now don't know whether to go for the FSD's as opposed to coilovers (Konigsport FK's).... I've already got Eibach springs, Whiteline RARB and Powerflex/cupra front bush upgrades. Only thing thats putting me off with the FSD's is that I still have the large wheel to arch gap :thumbdwn:

Decisions.....Decisions....

I dont so much mind the large wheel gap. As I think that my sump is that bit further away from the tarmac! Plus the wheel has that bit extra travel, so it can absorb the bumps without jarring your back each time you go over a pebble! lol

I had the same problem in deciding. Coilovers or uprated dampers? Coilovers are good if you want to go low and perfectly corner weight the car. But with all the speed humps etc It does limit the usage of the car.

With FSD's, I can approach speed humps without the fear of ripping or damaging the sump. As there are some pretty big ones on the way to my workplace.

Either way they will be an improvement over the OE setup and money well spent.

Can't wait to get mine and fit them - have got all the new bits to replace and many thanks to Stu should have the magic hub tool soon...

Just waiting on summat to pad the FSD parcel with, and then they're UPS out to Bahrain.....

Bas (currently in Abu Dhabi...)

Hmmm, good thread.....only problem is I now don't know whether to go for the FSD's as opposed to coilovers (Konigsport FK's).... I've already got Eibach springs, Whiteline RARB and Powerflex/cupra front bush upgrades. Only thing thats putting me off with the FSD's is that I still have the large wheel to arch gap :thumbdwn:

Decisions.....Decisions....

Konigsports will be a fairly stiff ride, even on softest setting.

Konigsports will be a fairly stiff ride, even on softest setting.

Yeah I know but ride quality doesn't really bother me (live in the countryside and there's actually some decent road surfaces around near me. lol) Still very tempted by these FSD's though... There £150 cheaper as well....Hmmmm

• 3 weeks later...

so seeing as the group buy has been and gone (and may well not be repeated :()

Where is the best place to get a set of FSD's for my Fabia VRS ???:rolleyes:

......and how much were they - if you don't mind me asking ??

I got them for £344.99 inc vat plus £12 postage. Bargain! Though they might have had a special offer on or something?