Camping Trip to the Lakes - Friday 27th - Sunday 29th June

sharkrider

just a quick warning those travelling north, there are spec cameras on the m6 at birmingham if you are too tight to go the toll road.

just counted up the speed traps i have 56 to pass through on my way up (1 every five miles).

56:eek::eek:. Thats alot of speed traps. That means someone not being careful could lose there lisence 14 times over.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither I have!!:rofl:

Still works out cheaper then going away, mind you I'm back down the lake district about 6 weeks later in a cottage which will cost me about £340! plus diesel and food!!

The good beer we've sorted for ourselves isn't too pricey and you'll agree I'm sure that it's bloody fantastic stuff. :thumbup:

Come rain or shine, it'll be an awesome trip I assure you. :thumbup:

Besides, I have yet to meet anyone who can accurately forcast the Lake District weather an hour in advance, yet alone 3 days . . .

Lol.. ive just realised ill be almost driving within a few miles of the campsite tomorrow for the Msport tour... Might just camp the night if i can find all my gear in time!

quick few questions

1. will there be a power point there?

2. a on site shop?

3. wash facilities? are they any good?

4. latest price for some vpower at the shell in that place on victoria rd off the motoeway (penrith?)

5. what times everyone getting there?

We be leaving from Abingdon near oxford shortly after 1pm, we think we got most things (a quick shop in the supermarket on friday morning) and a quick wash of the car before i leave to get rid of the flies (might just jetwash it at tescos minus the brush thing). so hopefully we be up there around 5pm.

Anyone taking walkie talkies with them? if so we be on channel 6 listening out and probably screaming for help cos we lost :rofl:

quick few questions

1. will there be a power point there?

2. a on site shop?

3. wash facilities? are they any good?

4. latest price for some vpower at the shell in that place on victoria rd off the motoeway (penrith?)

5. what times everyone getting there?

We be leaving from Abingdon near oxford shortly after 1pm, we think we got most things (a quick shop in the supermarket on friday morning) and a quick wash of the car before i leave to get rid of the flies (might just jetwash it at tescos minus the brush thing). so hopefully we be up there around 5pm.

Anyone taking walkie talkies with them? if so we be on channel 6 listening out and probably screaming for help cos we lost :rofl:

1) power points? when camping? lol... there will be a field (probably wet) and some bats, some swallows, and some rather friendly chickens....

2) there is a sort of "shop" in reception, but this is a working farm, very little there, a bar of chocolate maybe ;) best do your shopping at the supermarket....

3) all the usual wash facilities quite close by, toilets/showers ect... dunno if you need 20p's and stuff.....

4) someone answered that....

5) I'll be ther lunchtime friday!

and Col, i may bob down and see you tonight if your there :thumbup: