Camping Trip to the Lakes - Friday 27th - Sunday 29th June

sharkrider

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accuweather at the moment has it nice on the Saturday, wet on the Sunday and ok on the Monday. Enough time for it to get better though.

So what happened to global warming? :rolleyes:

If it rains we could all go into keswick and grace their premier nightspot... the loft or whatever its called :rofl:

(apparently its a bit rough... but i think there will be more of us than them :D )

lol... the loft...... if you don't mind the sort of place where your feet stick to the ground ;)

weather does look like it maybe wet.... however, we do get our own little microclimates, it said it would be crappy today, but its bright sunshine and 20 celcius! lol....

when we camped at the southern meet last year it rained bad, and we still had fun :)

If it does rain; I'll be staying to the point that the tent starts to leak. I've had enough training exercises in the wet to warrent spending a holiday break soaked ;)

hi there i am going to the m-sport event and am staying at wildrose for the night on the thursday same campsite as martin, am i alright to turn up on the day to get a tent pitch and is it £6 per tent or per person and is there power on ? thanks alot tom :)

hi there i am going to the m-sport event and am staying at wildrose for the night on the thursday same campsite as martin, am i alright to turn up on the day to get a tent pitch and is it £6 per tent or per person and is there power on ? thanks alot tom :)

yes, you can turn up on the day... say you're with briskoda, £6 per person/pernight... :thumbup:

yes, you can turn up on the day... say you're with briskoda, £6 per person/pernight... :thumbup:

Do you know if there is an reduced price for HCs?

This must one of the cheapest holidays I have been on in years £24 plus say £50 worth of derv! and SWMBO has paid for a room in a travel lodge on the way back up.

you haven't factored in the cost of beer yet ;)

Do you know if there is an reduced price for HCs?

no... all the same... I suppose he wouldn't charge for babies ect but....

he's not gonna check on us all, we just have to be honest when we check in and pay! :P

thats what ive been thinking skodaboy. £1k for a week at center parcs or £24 + 2 tanks of fuel for me. SWMBO burst my bubble saying we could have gone camping at a nearby campsite for about the same minus the 2 tanks worth of petrol but wouldnt get the same views as you get of the lakes even through birdlip about 30 -40 miles from me does have some wonderful views.

So on to the next important question "Mr Fish when are you leaving on Friday? fancy shotgunning it up?";)

you haven't factored in the cost of beer yet ;)

Neither I have!!:rofl:

Still works out cheaper then going away, mind you I'm back down the lake district about 6 weeks later in a cottage which will cost me about £340! plus diesel and food!!

just a quick warning those travelling north, there are spec cameras on the m6 at birmingham if you are too tight to go the toll road.

just counted up the speed traps i have 56 to pass through on my way up (1 every five miles).