Camping Trip to the Lakes - Friday 27th - Sunday 29th June

sharkrider

update:

I have been out on the search today, and i now have a venue secured...

Dalebottom Farm,

Naddle,

Keswick,

Cumbria,

CA12 4TF.... DalebottomFarm.co.uk

friday 27th, sat 28th, sun 29th June.

(you don't all have to stay all these nights of course, and no-one has to pay in advance of arriving there!)

prices are £6 per person, per night (bargin!)

when you arrive, just report to reception, say you're with briskoda, so they put you in the right place, and pay for yourselves, and for how long you're staying :)

I've been to see the dude in charge, looked around, and chosen a field for us... this will be on the proper campsite, all being well.... If its a very busy weekend, we'll get a field just off the campsite, all to ourselves. He knows its a car-club meet, and he knows we'll be sticking a couple of gazeebo's together for people to gather under, we are also allowed to BBQ at our hearts content. all normal facilities, with showers/toilets ect.

at this point we are not limited to numbers, although, if it gets to about 28 cars, he wants me to ring him, and check.......

this is the list so far...

1) Sharkrider, Mel, HC.

2) Gilly, Wibble, HC

3) Loz

4) apd007

5) Mr Grumpy ( subject to Loz bringing a towel, and Gilly bringing his drinking head.)

6) smog monster (subject to dates)

7) Philje123 + OH

8) AwesomeSarah and Mark no HC (yet anyway)

9) PPat + t'wife + sprog (disclaimers apply - see terms and conditions)

10) Vix (if I can get annual leave)

11) Mater, SWMBO & Dog (date dependant)

12) Robbo + SWMBO maybe

13) Captain Scarlet

14) Andy2407, Little Katie & probably 2 HCs

15) yashicamat

16) Neo-Vr (col)

17) MOONY + swmbo

18) Smifffy + Mrs Smifffy + 2 Dogs if it's OK.

19) auroan + swmbo +2 dogs

20)Skodaboy1983 and Skodagirl1985

21)sms+swmbo

22)simon(fab_vrsi) + girlfriend

23)vRSLen + swmbo + Al (No dog this time )

24) Bryand

25) jim campbell

26) ruku + 1

26 cars 51 people.... bring it on! :thumbup:

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dozy me , the M-sport tour is on Thursday 26th , have to see if i can cancel the site i was gonna stay at and stay up at this one

yeah, one of the reasons I'm not at the m-sport tour, but there is no reason why you can't do both, dalebottom is only about half hour drive from the m-sport place :) and I'm sure you'll be ok in the same place, just mention "briskoda " when you get there :thumbup:

Thanks for organising this! You've done a great job with the price etc! £6 is a bargain!

Should hopefully be able to make it over... we shall have moved to york by june but it isn't that much further than lancaster!

Phil

EDIT: The gazebo's of which you speak... we can bring one.. a pop-up one that only takes a few minutes to put up/down! (Good ol' Aldi!)

We'll come.

Is it OK with everyone if we bring our 2 dogs along? They're well behaved and we'll keep them on leads.

1) Sharkrider, Mel, HC.

2) Gilly, Wibble & 2 HC's.

3) Loz

4) apd007 :- interested subject to dates etc.

5) Mr Grumpy ( subject to Loz bringing a towel, and Gilly bringing his drinking head.)

6) smog monster (subject to dates)

7) Philje123 + OH

8) AwesomeSarah and Mark no HC (yet anyway)

9) PPat + t'wife + sprog (disclaimers apply - see terms and conditions)

10) Vix (if I can get annual leave)

11) Mater, SWMBO & Dog (date dependant)

12) Robbo + SWMBO maybe

13) Captain Scarlet

14) Andy2407, Little Katie & probably 2 HCs

15) yashicamat

16) Neo-Vr (col)

17) MOONY + swmbo

18) Smifffy + Mrs Smifffy + 2 Dogs if it's OK.

I'm looking forwards to the Gilly and Wibble efforts on putting up a Gazebo . . they didn't seem to realise the poles were of more than one size last time. :rofl:

Came in handy though. :thumbup:

Can't wait. :D Nice one Dave! :thumbup:

well behaved pets are allowed, so the dogs should be no prob (as long as they don eat the chickens that run round the capsite!) and the more gazeebo's the better :)

an told you I'd sort it Rob... it's looking good so far, most of the people who have previously attended the 'normal' camping meet that Andy has organised for the last two years, and I'm sure the list will grow :)

well behaved pets are allowed, so the dogs should be no prob (as long as they don eat the chickens that run round the capsite!)

That also includes the dinner off the BBQ which went missing due to canine intervention last year in Bury. :rofl:

an told you I'd sort it Rob... it's looking good so far, most of the people who have previously attended the 'normal' camping meet that Andy has organised for the last two years, and I'm sure the list will grow :)

My faith never wavered for a moment, Dave. :D:thumbup:

Dave is a driving instructor. It will be sedate and sightseeing :rofl:

lol...

there will be a drive on the Sat..... I was planning to put the two drives together, that I did at the other two meets up here, and will probably be sedate, due to speed cameras and tourists! however Gilly, I will include the special rally stage you enjoyed last time ;)

and as for sunday... some suggestions? we could try and find some way of "messing about on the water..." i know they do stuff like raft building on windemere, or if you're all mad enough we could climb catbells :eek: lol....

and as for sunday... some suggestions? we could try and find some way of "messing about on the water..." i know they do stuff like raft building on windemere, or if you're all mad enough we could climb catbells :eek: lol....

Wouldn't mind a stroll up Catbells. As for a drive on Saturday . . . for me that will depend on Friday night. ;)

...or if you're all mad enough we could climb catbells :eek: lol....

Wouldn't Sharp Edge be more exciting, it would certainly make for some interesting stories...

I generally end up in the Lakes early and late on in the summer, might try and make one of those date coincide with this weekend

Do you realise just how hungover everyone is likely to be the next morning?:eek::rofl:

Best watch your step then ;)

Seriously, is there a plan for the weekend, or just BBQ and beer (It sounds like I'm against that... lol). Wheres the campsite? (edit - huh, even I can read)

Best watch your step then ;)

Seriously, is there a plan for the weekend, or just BBQ and beer (It sounds like I'm against that... lol). Wheres the campsite? (edit - huh, even I can read)

The weekend is basically a massive social do, but there are lots of activities going on if the Bury meets of the past are anything to go by.

There will no doubt be at least one, probably two drives, perhaps a fell walk by the sounds of it, possibly something water-bourne (raft building? was fun last time!:rofl:) . . . it's a great laugh, no matter what time you come at! (apart from very early morning:O).

:thumbup:

I'm sure Dave will be along shortly with any further details. :)