Camping Trip to the Lakes - Friday 27th - Sunday 29th June

sharkrider

my car is now certainly loosened after todays little run, sounded a bit rough on the motorway, but since ive got home we have been back out and it sounds better, might have been the fuel as once filled back up it started to sound a bit smoother.

Hope you liked the car dave, i know how much you were looking forward to seeing it and hope it didnt disapoint. certainly suprised a few people with the power in it. ;):thumbup:

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah was a shame what happened to Colin. I didn't know until we reached Keswick, or I would have stopped to help.

You had a spare sump did you? :rolleyes:

i actually felt hopeless as neither of us had phone signals and the only thing i could think of was to get hold of dave. tried the walkie talkies and couldnt get no one as no one had any on. but i hope what i did was helpful, i know mel and alan shot striaght up there as soon as i caught up with everyone at keswick.

Aye, big thanks to Alan for the sausages on friday, Mel and Alan for coming back for me on saturday and for collecting all my stuff and meeting me in ambleside (even though after a change of plan by the AA ended up driving past the campsite anyway :mad: )

As we see, these things happen, the combination of worn brakes and hedgefinder tyres meant i couldnt scrub enough speed off after i realised what was about to happen (if only id paid more attention to the routenotes lol).

I know a new sump is about £70 so hopefully easy repair.. will find out for certain when it goes on the ramps tomorrow, its currently looking very sorry for itself in a garage carpark down the road.. making a mess of their concrete :o

but fear not, as i shall endevour to drink the 30-odd pints of alcohol left over in the coming evenings :rofl:

Hope you get it sorted soon Col.

Must admit it was a rather extreme way to get out of bringing my tents and chairs back home for me!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just been looking for pics of "the struggle" to show a friend...

Look at this

third pic from bottom is the bit that got me.... and then 2nd from bottom is unfortunate :rofl:

Look at this

third pic from bottom is the bit that got me.... and then 2nd from bottom is unfortunate :rofl:

nice pics... I've seen that fabia vRS pic before ;) think I know who it belonged to! (local, not on brisky)

glad you got everything back home, hope you get it fixed soon .....

Look at this

So the marks on the road were already there then? lol! You're milking this for all it's worth aren't you? :rofl:

lol @ Andy!