First service - ECU recall

So got the RS serviced the other day. Only done 11k KM, and 2 strange things :

1. They said there was a recall on my ecu, and to sort if they had to flash it with a program downloaded from Dublin. air con changes, changes for mfd. They didn't go into detail. Wondering am I lucky I didn't get a Revo remap done. Could this have wiped it out ? Anyway, the faint clicking from the aircon is gone now.

Anyone heard of ECU reprogramming done at service time ?

2. Only after 7k miles, the front left drop link suspension rod has to be replaced. They said it was vibrating in it's socket, and not as robust as the one in the MkI RS which they showed me, thicker and about half the length. Warranty item anyway. It wasn't broken though, just vibrating. What brought it to their attention was I asked them to check the suspension in detail as lately I had been hearing a very slight knock when turning. Happy to say the service guy sounded like he knew his stuff, and very honest. I suppose I better watch those pot holes.

Also, the tires are down to 4mm on front and 5mm on back after only 7k miles!! Think my last RS was the same. Still a lot of wear. What is the flavour of the month for tires now on the RS. Last time I checked people were talking about Eagle F1 Asymetrics ?

Other then the 2 issues, car is 100% perfect they said. Happy to hear that.

They also tightened the rear seats and the clicking seatbelt noise is gone. I know GAFF is interested in this. I'll find out what they did exactly.

For a first service for my RS it wasn't bad. They did the service, tracking and front and rear wipers for 220 euro all in. Courtesy car with full tank included. Car hoovered and washed. Very happy.

Thanks for the tip on the Falkens.

Well my last RS was mapped and I always told the garage not to write anything to the ecu, just run the diagnostic as normal. Never had an issue.

But the dealer tells me that ecu updates are more and more common these days. So does this mean doing a Revo Remap besides voiding warranty, is prone to the possibility of getting wiped on your next service kissing your 500 quid plus good bye. I thought this software was somehow stealthed and not picked up by the vag com. I really know nothing about this. Just trying to judge if a remap is worth it once warranty has expired.

iirc Revo will reinstall the software Free of charge if your ECU gets reflashed on a service. But dont quote me i may be wrong but im sure i read that somewhere. You will obviously need proof of purchase if they do

Oh and for what its worth the remap is definatley worth it :D not that im speaking from experience :rolleyes:;)

Edit: what stu said:D stu give me chance for once to sound like i know what im on about:finger::P:D:rofl:

Other then the 2 issues, car is 100% perfect they said. Happy to hear that.

They also tightened the rear seats and the clicking seatbelt noise is gone. I know GAFF is interested in this. I'll find out what they did exactly.

I'd be very interested alright, dunno how it can be tightened. Mine got lubed and seems to have got better.