2 new tyres for Fabia VRS

Got my 10,000 service today and dealer confirmed that there was a problem with my front offside tyre, it has a small puncture on the wall which can't be repaired. Also 3mm tread left so a good idea to get two new tyres. The dealer says the factory Continentals are good and wants £100 each so is there any savings in getting an independent tyre shop to fit them? Any suggestions about other makes?

I just bought a pair of Stunners.

So far so good and an immdediate improvement as far as noise goes compared to my old Hankook Ventus.

im picking my vrs up on friday and the dealer just fitted stunners wotever they are. I wasnt tooo amused because i wanted goodyears or yoko's but what can you do. How are they do they grip/handle well?

im picking my vrs up on friday and the dealer just fitted stunners wotever they are. I wasnt tooo amused because i wanted goodyears or yoko's but what can you do. How are they do they grip/handle well?

I once had stunners, being as positive as I can they were OK in the dry, wore well but I'm afraid they were ditchfinders in the wet.

If changing fabia vRS tyres I would consider 215/40's instead of the 205's They tend to be cheaper and give the car a bit more grip.

I once had stunners, being as positive as I can they were OK in the dry, wore well but I'm afraid they were ditchfinders in the wet.

If changing fabia vRS tyres I would consider 215/40's instead of the 205's They tend to be cheaper and give the car a bit more grip.

so you would get them changed as early as possible?

so you would get them changed as early as possible?

I wouldnt say they are dangerous, Just as long as you know what you have got and dont expect them to stick like the proverbial to a blanket then you'll be fine.

If your driving style is 'normal' and not hooning about then they will probably be more than adequate

Tis a strange one how skoda recommends certain branded tires but when they sell them they stick on the cheapest ones possible.

I bought a car over the phone from a Skoda dealer, said yes we will put new front tires on etc, good quality ones

Turned up and they were Kleber ones - NOT IMPRESSED!!

W4nkers

I've just replaced a punctured tire myself, and I'm just replacing like with like... Bridgestone Turanzas. What do you lot think of those?

But Scotsmac, I do think if I were replacing both though, I'd go for Goodyears/Toyos from all the praise they get on here. Happy shopping!

I just bought a pair of Stunners.

What? You found not one but two Stunners in Newport??!!?? Your missus know? :P

So what you gonna get when the insurance pays out on the VRS your about to put into a field?

Thanks for all the suggestions! Staying 30 miles from Glasgow I need new tyres fitted locally. It seems difficult finding Toyo or Falken dealers on the net so is Kwikfit any good for these tyres? One other question is what is the difference between the 205/45R tyres on the car and 215/40 suggested by a forum member?

Stay away from Kwiksh1t.

205/45 (standard)

Your saying 215/40

215 is the width of the tire, so you will be going +10mm width

40 is the sidewall, so a 40 sidewall is shorter than the 45, should reduce bodyroll a wee bit

Hi,

Have you tried here

I've used them in the past to buy contiSportContact2's, had them delivered to my house before taking them to a small local garage to have them fitted. They also offer you the choice of having them delivered directly to a garage local to you ready for fitting, I guess you'd have to clear this with the garage first though.

Mike.

I've been running on the Bridgestone Turanzas originally fitted and have been pretty satisfied overall. Grip is good in wet and dry, no nasty surprises when pushing hard and they wear well (~15k out of the fronts)

Would have them again, but would also consider some of the other popular suggestions featuring regularly in these threads, eg Toyo Proxes.

I've been running on the Bridgestone Turanzas originally fitted and have been pretty satisfied overall. Grip is good in wet and dry, no nasty surprises when pushing hard and they wear well (~15k out of the fronts)

Would have them again, but would also consider some of the other popular suggestions featuring regularly in these threads, eg Toyo Proxes.

I have these on now and have found the same things, good in the wet/dry and wear really well.

Would have these again.

Ben

I had these originally, then i cjanged to Goodyear F! and the difference was amazing,both in the and dry a massive improvement and gives much more confidence

Matt

Just got some Toyo Proxes 4s yesterday. I'll report back once I'm running them.

Currently on Turanzas and I've been happy with them. Noisier than P-Zero Neros or the T1-Rs though, both of which I've run on this current car.

Steve

I did this the other day. Changed all tyres to toyo 215/40s. Were £10 a tyre cheaper. Can't say i've noticed any real difference but haven't had the opportunity to drive them in a spirited fashion yet!

Only problem was that the tyre fitter said they were very tight to get on. So tight that he damaged two of the alloys. Not impressed :mad:

I did this the other day. Changed all tyres to toyo 215/40s. Were £10 a tyre cheaper. Can't say i've noticed any real difference but haven't had the opportunity to drive them in a spirited fashion yet!

Only problem was that the tyre fitter said they were very tight to get on. So tight that he damaged two of the alloys. Not impressed :mad:

Wouldnt be standing for that, they are meant for a 16 inch rim so the tyre fitter is at fault, i'd be having a word in his managers shell, especially since it sounds like he's admitted it!

Just switched from Proxeses to P Zero Neros, and am glad that I no longer have the slight 'ringing' noise at motorway speeds, although they seem a bit twitchy in fast bends (could be that there's still some mould release compound left on the tread, though)

Made the change 'cos they were getting near the wear markers front and back, and I would probably have stayed with the Toyos if I didn't think that leaving big >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tread marks on the drive didn't quite go with the baby seat in the back! :o

Wouldnt be standing for that, they are meant for a 16 inch rim so the tyre fitter is at fault, i'd be having a word in his managers shell, especially since it sounds like he's admitted it!

I can see that you've got a potential issue with tyre stretch though, as the std Fabia vRS alloy is a 6.5". I would expect tyres of 215 width to be used in conjunction with a 7 or 7.5 TBH. So although the tyre is meant for that diameter of alloy, consideration does need to be given to the actual alloy wheel width as well.

Steve

have had 2 kumho ecsta's fitted 205/45/16 (Standard Size). They've been on for just over 1 month and they are loads better that the Conti Sport Contact 2's that were on as standard. Only got 14k out of the contis so hoping for more out of the Kumhos.

Road noise is no different however dry and wet grip has increased with the Kumhos