skoda fabia fog lights

I was quoted £245 three years ago at main dealers to have them fitted to my 1.9sdi saloon. Needless to say I said NO as I had heard that they suffer from stone damage and didn't fancy spending more money to have them replaced

Hi guys i was wondering is it hard to fit fog lights on a skoda fabia 1.4mpi which doesent have them as standard or is it a pain in the ****, thanks

Dan

Im no expert but have a look behind the panels where they would fit and see if there is a wiring loom and plug there ready for them, if so thats a start............some cars have a full loom in them even if the options arnt fitted, I had this with a Reno Clio, loom was in for front fogs.

Then maybe a breakers for the lights and the switch/stalk or whatever controls them?

Steve

thanks for the replies ill have a look and go from there :)

Looks like I got the same car as you :D

I bought 2 pre facelift fogs from ebay for around £25 (one went on Ebay for about £10 the other day!)

As for wiring you can pick up quick fog/sidelight wiring kits for around £10) or if your clever you can make your own

As for the actual lighting switch I was quoted £20 for a second hand one ..and bought one from a scrappy for £10 ..shame it was broke.

However I bought this lot in November and still waiting for a nice day to fit them :D

..Oh and the plugs that plug into the fogs are about £2 each and the screws are pennies :D

I reckon you could DIY them into a switch on the dash quiet easily. :) Probably easier to just run your own wiring from the 2 foglamps into a switch, maybe you can utilise a spare rear windscreen heater button if you could find one? Would look pretty oem on the dash. Would need an inline fuse I reckon - say a 10A?

I reckon you could DIY them into a switch on the dash quiet easily. :) Probably easier to just run your own wiring from the 2 foglamps into a switch, maybe you can utilise a spare rear windscreen heater button if you could find one? Would look pretty oem on the dash. Would need an inline fuse I reckon - say a 10A?

Do any of the switches latch just because I know my heated rear window one doesnt.

• 6 years later...

having only bought a second hand fabia 2 last week was reading the forum on installing the lights and if there was wiring there or not curiusity got the better of me so i pulled off the blanking plates under the bumper where you would locate the spot or fog lights and if you look there fastened too the back of it is the wiring ready for you too connect too the back of a set of lights you wish too install on that basis it would lead me too think there must be wiring ready to have a probably relay and switch added too it so that the lights can be controlled but thought i would enlighten all as too that discovery that there are wires already located in place ready for adding fog lights 

Welcome to Briskoda.

What year is your car? To the best of my knowledge, no Mk1 Fabia is described as a Fabia 2, so this may not be the best place to make this information known. Have you looked in the Mk2 Fabia area to see what information exists on foglights/looms for those models?

Welcome indeed.

Your spelling is excellent, however your post is rendered almost illegible by the total absence of any capitalisation or punctuation.

The poetry of e e cummings gives me a headache for a similar reason (that and the naked racism).

Ok.  :p

Hi how's things I'm brand new to the site I have a mk1 vrs fabia 2004 I need to replace fog lamps due to damage but can only find them new from skoda! 97plus vat each? My fog lamp screws are vertical pointing to the ground if that makes sense? Only ones I can find are the screws that go in horizontal which won't find my bumper

Any help would be extremely helpful

If memory serves they are the same as a vw lupo sport at least on my vrs, which you can get for around £20 on eBay at least that's what I did rather than pay dealer prices. 111379774292 drivers side, passenger side is 331491393714, or both for £34 111379774224.

Hope this helps a little you made need to check that they are the same fittings