High milers....

Just returned from holiday in Tenerife and whilst out there we used a few taxi's. Most are Mercedes E classes but there are a few Toyota's and most importantly a few Octavia's. Anyway, long story short version (and being a bit of a sado) I decided that I needed to get a ride in an Octy. Well the first one was a 2.0 TDi estate (MK2) with DSG and I had a quick look at the speedo and noticed it had done just under 300k kilometers - very impressive I thought. My next ride was a Merc E class with over 900k kilometers on the clock and the 3rd was an Octy Mk1 1.9 TDi estate with just under 700k kilometers.

Clearly, the taxi drivers dont mind a few miles but most impressive is that none of the vehicles looked like they had been to the moon and back, OK, they had a few scrapes etc but not bad considering the mileage.

So I guess the question is, who has the highest mileage on the forum then.

Mines nothing special - 27k...

ATB, Jon.

300k on a dsg. i wonder if it is still on the original clutch pack

I wanted to ask a few questions but he was a bit of a grumpy sod and my spanish isnt very good! It was smooth on the change though and the car pulled really well on some very steep hills. Lots of wear around the gear lever gaitor (to be expected I guess).

ATB, Jon.

Just about to replace my '05 Altea 1.9 TDi S and it has 110k miles on the clock...Have had it since 900 meters and it hasn't given me one single problem....Expecting the same from its replacement, and Octy RS TDi, and this level of reliability from a 'budget' brand!....