Installing Subwoofer

Due to the other half whinging it will have to be fairly discreet so I have found this:

The Bass Bin | Vibe SQ-8: 900W Speace Loaded Enclosed Subwoofer

What do you guys think? I am planning to install it where the CD changer is. Do you think it will have half decent sound or am i just wasting my money?

Many thanks

Chris

I got one of these

.:VIBE:..:Vented Innovative Bass Enclosures:.

and I recommend you go for the 12" also. I'm sure the model your looking at also comes in a 12" with the amp enclosed.

They are very easy to disconnect and take out the boot when you need the extra space for shopping trips etc which should keep her that needs to be obeyed happy, or just buy her one of these for christmas

The Bass Bin | FLI - FT10A-PINK: 10" 800W Active Subwoofer & Enclosure (Pink)

:rofl:

I've got a 10" Infinity Basslink II in my Fabia

It's great for general use (wont win any "sound offs" but decent enough!)

It's even got another addon-4 channel amp for your speakers, I've got my front speakers amped up to 35wrms

Here's a pic in my Fabia, can still fit a pushchair in

P1000544.jpg

Gillywibble has a bass box set up in his car (still awaiting the write up cough cough), im sure he will be able to help!!

Ah yes, would be interested to see a piccy of this :mischief:

If your gonna fit that you may as well go for something like I have ........

04032008119.jpg

Still more than capable of dumping a weeks shopping in there and the new pushchair fits as well (not at the same time though)

I have a similar one I bought off a Brisky member. I don't think you can get them for the Octavia. You could try Auto Acoustics or Audioscape, they might do them. Or you can get any decent ICE installer to knock one up, prepare to pay quite a bit for it though! They aren't too tricky to make, if you're confident with a jigsaw and working with fibre glass. I much prefer my way of buying someone elses hard work off them... cheaply!

That custom enclosure is nice. Did you make that yourself or did you get a car audio place to make it for you?

thanks

I agree, looks very neat. Take it you can't buy this for the octavia though

That custom enclosure is nice. Did you make that yourself or did you get a car audio place to make it for you?

thanks

Yes i made it myself and whilst i was doing it i cut another matching panel for the other side for my amp,cd changer and sat nav drive,but its not hard if your willing to give it a go,either that or you could approach a local car audio shop and see what it would cost but would imagine it could be expensive

Yes i made it myself and whilst i was doing it i cut another matching panel for the other side for my amp,cd changer and sat nav drive,but its not hard if your willing to give it a go,either that or you could approach a local car audio shop and see what it would cost but would imagine it could be expensive

Say....errr.... you don't happen to remember the dimensions you used to create this box

If you're all asking for dimensions on the custom builds, it's just a case of fibreglassing up the back and cutting a template a bit ofMDF to fit for the front, no hard and fast dimensions to tell, really. Or are you asking what the dimensions are of one thats already been made?

You can get a custom box for the Octavia (Chris has already contacted me)

See pictures in thread http://briskoda.net/forums/ice-security-insurance/sub/97822/

These currenty retail at £190 from Auto Acoustics (www.autoacoustics.com) Give Paul Godden a call on 01403 823628 or email [email protected] - tell em Mark Everett sent ya.

Seems expensive, but definitely worth the money when you consider the amount of time it would take to make something yourself to this standard.

• 2 weeks later...

I built an underfloor amp rack [liftable for access to the spare wheel] and use a 12" tube which lifts out when I need the space. All looks standard fit without the tube in :)