Please report your Fabia II mpg here!

It would be really helpful to a lot of interested forum visitors if everyone with a new Fabia would post a quick summary of what mpg results they get - ie typical day-to-day and long run mpg, along with a quick idea of your driving style. Personally I am keen to get a picture of how the mpg for the 1.4/80 diesel compares to the 1.9, and people's real world experiences are key to this.

There is another thread called "New Fabia mpg" which has a lot of discussion on this subject, but I am hoping this thread will be just quick summaries by people of their experiences, not lengthy discussions which would probably be best in the other thread.

TIA!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fabia2 1.4 TD 80bhp

Driving like an OAP the best I've had was 70.4mpg average on 15mile run.

On average mpg readout since last resetting it (1K), the average is around 56mpg

I'm happy with those figs

Gav.

i mainly travel less than 10 miles to and from work in my fabia 3 estate 1.9tdi. im getting 42-46mpg. the stated is 44mpg.

on a long motorway run im seeing 65mpg ish.

these figures arent driving like miss daisy either ;)

Only 250 miles on my 1.9TDI so far and most of that was a run to Wales and back over the weekend.

Overall, it's showing 55.5mpg and the runs to Wales and back gave 59.9 and 60.9mpg.

At one point, 25 miles of B-roads, being driven fairly gently at 40-50mph, it was up to 71.7mpg!!!

I am averaging 55 and can get it into the 60's with ease. Have had it at 70.6 on one occassion. Having read other posts on here, it all boils down to driving styles. People who race past you to a face a red traffic light, will probally get 40-45mpg.

1.4 TDi 80

Since I got to around 18000 miles it has been better. Have 20k service booked for Saturday..!

Computer reads out around 50-55mpg on my daily commute which is a mixture of A roads (50mph), dual carriage way (70mph) and traffic jams (10mph).

Driving style - hard but not stupid!

On long m/way trips does tend to drop to about 48mpg.

I think I'm hitting a true average around 50mpg on a tank which is a mixture of driving.

Well, my Fab 3 estate's 1.4 16v engine is managing 41-42 mpg even with the climate control on in this hot weather.

I'm well impressed. The car has done just 300 miles since I collected it last Saturday. Average speed on my 22 mile trip to work is about 27-30 mph with more than 50% of the route limited to 40mph or slower.

Jo

I have a 1.4 pd tdi 80 best millage is 57mpg using maxi dot total avarage rather than avarage as you drive. But its working out on a weekly bassis of 50 mpg.

Quite happy with this but as one reader wrote you will not recoop the cost of the Dieso in your mpg and as its more expensive at the pumps as well.

Still very happy

I have a 1.4 pd tdi 80 best millage is 57mpg using maxi dot total avarage rather than avarage as you drive. But its working out on a weekly bassis of 50 mpg.

Quite happy with this but as one reader wrote you will not recoop the cost of the Dieso in your mpg and as its more expensive at the pumps as well.

Still very happy

1.4TDi 75 Bhp

On a trip to birmingham last Saturday avaraged 77.7mpg (with the air con on)

Radiotwo

that's a heck of a lot. How long was the trip - and did you go faster than 40mph?

Hi

95 miles each way, @ 60mph

(Ps I was wearing my trainers and not my boots)

Radiotwo

first day driving furbie 3 1.9 55mpg 6 000 rm trip computer fun present mpg sometimes shows 180mpg first impression of car excellent

had my 105bhp sport now for 2000 miles. absolutley love it! driving like an 18 year old lad im getting 49mpg. compare that to my old octy 1.6 in which i was just touching 35mpg, you cant go wrong! could quite easily get around 56mpg if i took it slower. but hey whatcha gonna do :D

I am running a 1.9TDi level 3 estate as a demo and i've done about 2500 miles over the last month with trips from nottingham to london averaging 62-66 mpg depending on traffic. On the 25 mile commute to work from derby to nottingham i average about 52-58mpg, again depending on traffic. The one surprise was a trip from Matlock Bath over the weekend back to Derby averaging 74.9 mpg!!! and i nearly always have the climeate control on auto at a nice 21 deg :) and use the cruise control as much as possible. So ingeneral uber happy with the mpg's

1.4 TDI 80 manual 57 plate

Just come onto the reserve and it will have / should be around about 60 mpg. and that is with 600+ on the clock. Overall not bad at all and I am sure from previous oil burners that it will get better, the only problem for me was last car an A class 160 CDI (75bhp) 5 years old only 31000 miles and it was an auto doing about 50mpg in the end. I find this thread interesting as in my view a manual 80bhp should certainly be able to achieve 60+ as I am assuming technology has moved on in the last 5 years.

I would agree though that the three pots do make a difference with the engine working harder but the payback is the lower cost of the car. I am sure most have already noticed that the VAG group is about to bring out a polo size 2 pot diesel engine badged up under VW, SEAT and maybe Skoda, capable of 90mpg +.

Friday; It is not going to achieve 60 it is more likely circa 55 mpg and that will be at a push.

Driving new 1.4 TDI 80 HP Fabia as economically as possible.

Tyre pressures on full load setting.

Only driver in car.

No weight in boot.

Windows closed.

Air con off.

Feather-footing throttle.....

Figures from trip and fiiling top to top.

Urban about 55 mpg.

Motorway 60 mpg at 60 mph, 50 at 70 mph.

Now 2000 miles on the clock. Car has had full diagnostic check.

Prudell; Do I detect than that you are not totally happy with this return, anticipating that the figure will improve. I was interested to read in the drivers manual it recommends that you should change from 1st o 2 nd gear within a cars length of pulling away. This is not the easiest challenge and could surely be a less than safe action particularly at the lights if the car behind goes straight up your backside.