engine light on after fitting egr delete

m16uch

i have a asz engine ~

i fitted a  egr delete 15 min later the engine light came on and has not gone off, is this normal? i put it on obd2 reader and erased it but came back on mins later

just wondering if this is normal or should i worry about it,

thanks

Look under the forum heading 'Diagnostics, Performance & Tuning, there is a heading for VCDS; there's a map and list on there of members who have VCDS (was vagcom) and should be able to sort you out (perhaps for a few 'beer tokens!)

Needs mapping out but if you ain't got the money to do that yet get one of the £25 code readers of eBay that will remove it when ever it comes on until you get it mapped again there also handy to have anyway mine has more than covered any costs I would have incurred by getting diagnostics done it don't do much just engine reads, abs, airbag and auto transmission

I will be going past Huddersfield on Wednesday, happy to meet up and VCDS/map it out for you if you are in the area and have time. Just let me know.

If anybody has done the map out before with VCDS a few pointers would be gratefully received  :happy:   

The only way to do a egr delete without mapping it and the eml coming on is to put the blanking plates on the manifold and the egr where the connecting pipe is and leave the rest connected. Think the blanking plates are a few quid each. Mines mapped out but still in place and connected up

• Like 1

To the OP,Have you bunged up/blanked off the vacuum pipes that go to EGR and ASV?

Surely people must have read what happens when you delete the egr? About a billion threads on this

But this is a ASZ,most people just delete EGR with no probs.

How does the EML come on when EGR is deleted on the ASZ engine,what sensor tells the ECU it's not there?

Cause on the ASZ there are no electrical connections to the ECU,just vacuum pipes to the EGR valve and ASV which operate the valves.

• Like 1

To the OP,Have you bunged up/blanked off the vacuum pipes that go to EGR and ASV?

How does the EML come on when EGR is deleted on the ASZ engine,what sensor tells the ECU it's not there?

Cause on the ASZ there are no electrical connections to the ECU,just vacuum pipes to the EGR valve and ASV which operate the valves.

maybe it'sa BLT engine then if this has never happened on an ASZ engine before? Like you've just said there's no electrical connections to it so surely that would suggest it's not ASZ

yes bunged vacuum pipes. its a asz engine, i will just get it remmapped and mapped out at same time, i used a obd2 reader which erased it but then came on. doesnt bother me at the moment but will get it sorted before next mot

thanks anyway guys

The only way to do a egr delete without mapping it and the eml coming on is to put the blanking plates on the manifold and the egr where the connecting pipe is and leave the rest connected. Think the blanking plates are a few quid each. Mines mapped out but still in place and connected up

Ive got the ASZ engine code, and i decided to put the blanking plates on the egr and the manifold. I left all the pipes connected to the egr aswell. My car was fine for a few days, then the eml came on. I thought the ASZ wouldn,t throw any faults up. Just wondering is there any else to check, or if it needs mapping out aswell,

Many thanks

I believe the computer reads the difference in oxygen levels..

I believe the computer reads the difference in oxygen levels..

Pretty sure they are not fitted with any sensors in the turbo/exhaust,where does it monitor Oxygen level? :)