When exactly is a build week in the calendar?

Might help some people:

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/custom.html?year=2010&country=9&wno=1&hol=0&holm=1&df=1

This shows the calendar with the week numbers noted. I just phoned SUK to make sure mine is still build week 41 and she said "the 2nd of October". Which is not what I had, so checked and she was wrong. Week 41 starts the week of the 11th. Doh SUK! But there is no surprise there. emoticon-0145-shake.gif

Might help some people:

http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/custom.html?year=2010&country=9&wno=1&hol=0&holm=1&df=1

This shows the calendar with the week numbers noted. I just phoned SUK to make sure mine is still build week 41 and she said "the 2nd of October". Which is not what I had, so checked and she was wrong. Week 41 starts the week of the 11th. Doh SUK! But there is no surprise there. emoticon-0145-shake.gif

Im guessing she meant the second week in October, hence the 2, as mine is build week 40 which is the 1st week of October !!

Probably !

:yes:

Might help some people:

http://www.timeandda...l=0&holm=1&df=1

Thats good news TP

My question is have people been given confirmed dates, because I haven't. Yet.

Mike

Checked on my build week today and was informed still week 41. I asked and was told build weeks are only confirmed 2 weeks before ie week 39. Looks like early October is going to be busy.

Checked on my build week today and was informed still week 41. I asked and was told build weeks are only confirmed 2 weeks before ie week 39. Looks like early October is going to be busy.

I also have a proposed build week of 41. :)

Out of interest when did you 41-errs place your orders? I placed mine 2/8/10.....no sniff of a week yet .I'm guessing around 44/45'ish :doh:

I ordered mind on 29th July and have a build week of 44, maybe due to the spare wheel that I optioned

I ordered mind on 29th July and have a build week of 44, maybe due to the spare wheel that I optioned

I ordered mine with the dealer on 17th August (although I have a suspicion it took them a few days to get it onto the Skoda Cz system) and have just heard that the build week is 47. I am expecting delivery early December.

I'd wager to say I'm comfortably the person having already had the longest wait. Build week is also 41 and I ordered on the 6th of April! Sunroof to blame and stupid dealer putting a variable floor and spare wheel onto the system. I bet the Skoda ordering system has green screens with integrated keyboards and they decipher your order with ticker tape. Hence taking weeks to realise that certain options completely messes the ticker tape up. Grrr.

Ordered mine on 18 August and no sniff of a build week yet. Is it worth hassling the dealer or does a date just come through from Skoda in their own good time? I know I'm going to have a wait until (I guess) at least Christmas, but it would still be nice to know that there is some intention to build the beast at some time!

Ordered mine on 18 August and no sniff of a build week yet. Is it worth hassling the dealer or does a date just come through from Skoda in their own good time? I know I'm going to have a wait until (I guess) at least Christmas, but it would still be nice to know that there is some intention to build the beast at some time!

Ring the dealer every fortnight, that's what I do, if you wait for them to ring you, you could be waiting a long time. I'm told build dates are updated each Thursday/Friday just keep hassling the dealer to keep them on their toes.

Ordered my 1.2 DSG with SunRoof in June and received a phone call last Monday telling me the build date will now be Week 40 i.e. 4th Oct! The North Sea will be full of Yetis heading West in October ! Can't wait now - they say the darkest hour is before dawn!

Ordered my 1.2 DSG with SunRoof in June and received a phone call last Monday telling me the build date will now be Week 40 i.e. 4th Oct! The North Sea will be full of Yetis heading West in October ! Can't wait now - they say the darkest hour is before dawn!

And are you still getting the sunroof ??

And are you still getting the sunroof ??

I haven't heard otherwise - so I believe I'm going to get the car I ordered! Do you think there's a chance it will arrive without a sunroof? Has this happened to anyone you know?

• 3 years later...

Hi, I'd call the dealer and ask what's going on if you still have no SLI number as I ordered on 25/08/14 and have an SLI and a build date of week 39 according to the SLI tracker.