Anyone used Techniclutch?

i am in need of a clutch and solid flywheel shor my octavia vrs. had a quick mooch on ebay and found a fast road clutch and solid flywheel kit for £285 by a company called techniclutch? what do you guys think? worth a go or one to avoid?

cheers

yeah i saw bodge's write up on here which was very helpful. read on a golf forum though that shorter bolts wre needed as well can anyone confirm this? also is there an online supplier of those parts as in channel islands based sourcing these things is a bit of a ****ter

clive if you could do that i couldnt thank you enough. i will firstly check with skoda to see if they can give me a price as a friend of mine is a tech there, but ill drop you a pm in the next 24 hours to let you know :thumbup: legend

dont do it mate mine slipped from the minute it was fitted , only used them as i have one of there clutches in my mg turbo and its great so its one of them

also thanks for the heads up stig.... looks like its g60/vr6 conversion time

haha just been reading some feedback on techniclutch. surprised they are still in business!!

right gsf will deliver to me in the channel islands but she said that they can only supply the clutch @77.50

does that mean the only place to source the flywheel is dealer? they quoted me 106.70 with a £30 surcharge? is this about right?

ok so this is all getting fitted by my dealer next thursday now - cant wait. only thing is i am sourcing the clutch myself from gsf. is this just the clutch itself or a kit? if a kit then what does it include? the skoda tech said it would be worth changing pressure plate and bearing at the same time?

Edited by vrs200bhp

the vr6 luk kit will come with cover / plate and bearing

order the G60 flywheel from Vw dealer along with the bolts

stright replacement and worth EVERY penny!!!

are the bolts def needed or can the standard bolts be used??

for the minute cost in comparison to pulling it all out again if anything goes wrong, i'd just order the new bolts ! :D

now that is true. new bolts will also be ordered tmoz. thanks to everyone for the heads up and advice. thank god i didnt go down the techniclutch road