Auto Lights Sensitivity

Is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of the Auto Light Sensor. I find that my lights are on at the moment in the morning going to work when it is already very light. Maybe it is a hidden setting....Anybody know????

On the Octavia the only options you have are % of correction, can´t remember if the % belongs to other VW models because of the windshield.

( the rain sensor has this, green or blue glass,, and % correction for diverse models)

My car had the issue too. It was on almost all the time.

Went back to the Skoda Dealer. When i explained the situation to them, they nodded and said it was a common error. They fiddled around with the computer and 10min's later it was done.

My car had the issue too. It was on almost all the time.

Went back to the Skoda Dealer. When i explained the situation to them, they nodded and said it was a common error. They fiddled around with the computer and 10min's later it was done.

Should be this with VCDS:

Rain and light sensor sensitivity:

Board power supply control unit (09), than in control unit rain sensor (no long coding!)

* Byte 00: Rain Sensor Correction (Infrared Transperency at 880nm)

* Byte 01: Light Sensor Correction (Transperency)

o Byte 00 = 4D (hex) = 77 (dec) = Rain Sensor Correction value is 77%

o Byte 01 = 50 (hex) = 80 (dec) = Light Sensor Correction value is 80%

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My auto headlights were also turning on in daylight. If the sun was out then headlights were off.

But as soon as there was any form of cloud cover the lights were on.

Played about with VCDS, reduced the Light Sensor Correction value from 48%(as supplied) to 43% with no effect.

Reduced from 43% to 10%, still seemed to have no effect. But after 24 hours the sensitivity was greatly reduced.

Only when it is fairly dull will the headlights turn on.... still testing before I make any further adjustments.

My first guess is the Light Sensor system would seem to take some time to average out the sensitivity for the new settings.

Also reduced the Rain Sensor Correction settings... the wipers were occasionally wiping for no reason.

This cured the random wipes.

• 11 months later...

Someone with vcds can help if the sensor is 100% clean.

Where, exactly, IS the sensor and what is the best way to clean it?

Is it on the back side of the central mirror, many cars have them there ?

post-90255-0-86470800-1349640544_thumb.jpg

In fact you can see two sensors - I guess one for wipers one for lights.

Edited by lmb