The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

5 cylinders and 7 speed DSG?  :giggle:

Biturbo (HGP) VR6 with up to 700 bhp?  :rock:

OK, would make the car too nose heavy, but the thought of a Yeti with over 500 bhp, hmmmmm  :love:

• Like 1

I know where there is a TT-RS engine sitting doing nothing, it was bought last year to go into a MK2 Golf but with work load and life in general it is still sitting in the garage, maybe you could liberate that, make 600 bhp+  :rock:

I know where there is a TT-RS engine sitting doing nothing, it was bought last year to go into a MK2 Golf but with work load and life in general it is still sitting in the garage, maybe you could liberate that, make 600 bhp+  :rock:

If I could get the engine and supporting bits like loom and ECU I would.

But they are generally expensive.

Have bid on a few salvage cars but even smashed up they are selling for £15k plus which is hard to justify for an engine swap...

The 2.0T FSI is the back up and most likely plan.

• Like 1

ECU and Loom are with it Richard, I have been told this one was purchased from Audi, it was from a crash tested vehicle and cost a mere £1700, when it was delivered all machined faces like manifold and water pump were hit with a chisel so these had to be built up with weld and re machined, easy when you know how.

I will try and get contact details off where he got it from and pass them to you.

• Like 1

The attraction of the 2.5 Audi 5 pot is it only needs an exhaust and remap and you are looking at 420bhp delivered in a very smooth and usable way.

Hence it's my first choice.

Other options aren't quite so smooth as they involve more tweaking to gain a higher percentage bhp increase over the stock figures.

• Like 3

Just search Dahlback on Youtube to see the 5 cylinder bruiser in a Quattro, a Golf and a Polo, Mr Dahlback knows how to make a car!

Poor quality but an astonishing 1200 bhp!

• Like 1

I want a usable amount of power for track. (with corners)

In a Yeti I feel a nice smooth 400-450bhp would be enough thanks. :)

Whatever you do, someones always got a bigger one. :D

• Like 3

Richard, I could possibly put you in touch with a TT-RS engine and ECU/Loom but it will be £11K  

Thanks James.

Yes, that's pretty much what I was saying.

I can get a whole car for around £15k.

They are really popular aren't they so prices of really smashed up ones are holding quite firm.

Might be better holding on and getting the gearbox, 4x4 etc... on a whole car.

Thanks I'll have a think. :nerd:

If it's not to be TT-RS based 2.5 5 pot (320-odd bhp stock) I'm probably going to put a 2.0T FSI S3/TT-S engine in James.

The Yeti is running the 1.8TSI so the electrics are not that much different.  Fairly easy swap.  Kind of. :giggle:

But it'll do 400bhp without having to open the engine up and replacing internals unless I get carried away.

• Like 1

I see you plan, Yeti will probably be a real handful with 400bhp too, not much more will be needed.

When you spoke to GAZ did they offer GAZ Golds adjustable suspension?

I see you plan, Yeti will probably be a real handful with 400bhp too, not much more will be needed.

When you spoke to GAZ did they offer GAZ Golds adjustable suspension?

They want the old suspension first.

My KW V3 kit will be here in about a week, so I'll get that on and drop the old stuff off then talk to them.

Agree, with the body height I'm not sure 600bhp+ is required.

It's just for fun after all.  I've got other more "mental" cars if I want to try and pass on my inheritance early.

• Like 1

I am very impressed with the GAZ suspension I bought for the Golf, they are only the GHA's but still adjustable, my only minor gripe is the adjusters on the front shocks, they are on top of the front strut and made of mild steel, surface rust appeared quickly so I sprayed them with grease and covered them with a rubber cap, all is now good.

Customer service was also very good when I spoke to them.

• Like 2

We havn't had any updated pictures Richard :) chop chop

Waiting on a few trim bits.

Car is done, but had to order the door rubbing strips etc... as I wasn't putting four year old ones back on.

• Like 1

Wowzer, had no idea there was such a beastie about to be unleashed on the roads of Essex!

See very few Yetis around Brentwood (everyone is in Range Rovers lol) - where in Essex are you BossFox?

Wowzer, had no idea there was such a beastie about to be unleashed on the roads of Essex!

See very few Yetis around Brentwood (everyone is in Range Rovers lol) - where in Essex are you BossFox?

Up in the villages South of Chelmsford.

I've done the whole Range Rover thing.... yawn.

tyro6.jpg