Skoda Fabia Reseting Service Light

Only thing I could find was:

Switch ignition off

Press and hold the odometer trip reset button (next to the speedometer)

With the button still pressed, turn ignition on (do not start engine)

You will see "SERVICE" appear on the display.

Turn the button to the right (clockwise) for about 5 seconds

Must be something very similar to our cars too.

Called my service advisor. He told me how to reset the service-minder. Here's how to do it:

With the car off, press and HOLD the 0.00 button for the odometer reset

Continue Holding the 0.00 button and turn the ignition key to on. MFD reads "Service Now!". Keep holding the 0.00 button and then press the MINUTE button for the clock set. Let go of everything and you're done

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is correct for re-setting 'variable service intervals', and returns it to 'fixed service intervals', as Screwloose pointed out.

The instructions are in the owners manual (page 15 I think).

If it's showing 'Insp', then:

Press and hold down trip reset button.

Turn on ignition, while still holding down reset button

After ten seconds (says the book) it will be reset, and return to trip reading, release the trip reset.

Let us know how you get on.

Edited by bathtub tom on 24/02/2008 at 10:46

Reply to this message | Report message as offensive | Link

Thank you very much Seb. I also read the owner's manual (English page 18, Greek Page 20) and it refers only to the 0.0 button, but nothing about keep it down and turn on the ignition. So, time will tell, or dealer at about 3.900 Km from now .

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yes you can!....

I have just reset my wife's Fabia 2 1.2 (51KW) 2011 'Monte Carlo' 'service' warning text (non-dot matrix type). I have changed the oil with a recommended grade and used Mann filters to replace the ones from the last service our last Skoda dealer did.

I have been reading various 'blogs' all morning as I had tried to re-set it the same way I used to re-set my 2006 Fabia Vrs but to no avail.

The manual says that you can re-set it by pressing the '0' button......and that is it!, it does not tell you exactly how for obvious reasons!!.

So I tried holding in the button first before turning the ignition to 'on', I switched on whilst holding my finger on '0'', waited for 'service' to show up, released the '0' button and..... nothing! the 'service' warning came up again, so the next time I did it same method, I turned the engine on , 'service' showed up, after I already released my finger!, so I quickly pressed '0' button again, and then the 'menu' button to the left at the same time, and ....Presto!, the next service due mileage came up!, so I switched off the ignition, switched back on, and no more 'service' text came up, all set , so I scrolled through the menu to see next service due at 9400 to check all was good,

Yep!, long winded I know , but it can be done without using a fault code reader, or dealer. I hope this helps, and you obviously do this at your own risk.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a link to my tut in my signature, I opened up the book for my dads VW Jetta, tried the same thing on my Fabia but with the different button for min and it worked. It's a shame they don't put it in the Fabia manual to be honest.