'Map Out' EGR system?

Can somebody please explain what happens when the EGR system is fully in place but 'mapped out'?

Specified MAF is always 850 and at low revs EGR duty is 19.9%

What would be the implications of this setup?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I did it my self with VAG EDC15P+ Suite and a 10 quid cable. 

Left is default, right is mapped out. 

ReR2UWq.png

Did that work for you?

My EDC15 PD engine has EGR mapped out by changing about 3 key values.  Not by flattening the maps.

I did it my self with VAG EDC15P+ Suite and a 10 quid cable. 

Left is default, right is mapped out. 

ReR2UWq.png

For the EGR do you need to change both EGR code block 5 and EGR codeblock 2 - manual, or just one set of values. Done both on mine with no noticable problems but notice that in your post you only appear to have eddited codeblock 2. One of first roads that I encounter from cold is an uphill climb after exiting a junction, and just felt to pull better in the lower range (1250 - 1750 rpm) - placebo effect?

Edited by KeithCheetham

• 2 weeks later...

Had EML and limp mode with both maps flattened, cleared error codes and re-loaded original map, but will try the single map change as just may be the fact that there is no baseline for engine if both maps are the same.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

20 months down line, still no error codes. Have any of you VRS drivers done this, especially on the engine with the anti-shudder, and is it working without adding full delete kit.

• Like 1