Audi S1 BRIEF REVIEW in Autocar and Autoexpress today.

vrskeith

Currently 55 Audi S1's on their used website,going nowhere.

Come on Audi get real and smell the coffee.

You will need to do a Skoda and Reduce the prices to STIMULATE the market !!

Do you not just think that the Advertising Campaign and the Obvious Bright Yellow Test cars have the people that can afford them thinking 

they are rather trashy looking.?

Those that might be interested in them might be waiting to pick up bargains down the line if they want,

or just pick up a little used Audi S3 for much the same money.

• Like 2

Have any new owners of an S1 demo or New, been able to hammer out a great deal recently.

Please let us know, as we are trying to gauge the true market, for this seemingly over priced model

Currently 55 Audi S1's on their used website,going nowhere.

Come on Audi get real and smell the coffee.

You will need to do a Skoda and Reduce the prices to STIMULATE the market !!

Average Advertised Selling price of the 55 cars in Audi Dealerships is £26830,crazy money

Top price : £31990

Lowest Price:£23450

Was anybody on here ever approached by Audi Marketing when they were trawling potential Customers for such a car as this .

Or does Audi / VAG know best?

Is this a SALES and Marketing Lemon?

Would it have done better on a Skoda Cost base - New Fabia vRS at £20-£22k or would this be just to much of a rival for the Polo GTI.

Perhaps it should have been Polo R GTI and a Skoda Fabia 1.8 (GTI SPEC) Monte Carlo.

Edited by vrskeith

• 2 weeks later...

Average Advertised Selling price of the 55 cars in Audi Dealerships is £26830,crazy money

Top price : £31990

Lowest Price:£23450

So approximately a couple of weeks on and from a fairly static 55 used S1's in the Audi used section I see that it is now 47,so 8 sold(?)

Why is that, are prices now falling , poor sales figures and the 15 plate gets nearer?

Some price movement is taking place now I believe as there are a number of 3 dr cars in the mid £22k region.

eg.http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/vehicle.aspx?wflw=se_na_ve_vi&ctr=1825808&vhl=604677479&srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/vehicle.aspx?wflw=se_na_ve_vi&ctr=14367&vhl=604740674&srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/a1/2.0-tfsi-quattro-231ps/stockton-on-tees/604796471-37609.aspx?srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/vehicle.aspx?wflw=se_na_ve_vi&ctr=1416662&vhl=604742461&srcmdc=se_na_re_

http://www.audi.co.uk/used-cars/used-car-locator/vehicle.aspx?wflw=se_na_ve_vi&ctr=43069&vhl=604731170&srcmdc=se_na_re_

Has anyone on this site taken ownership of one of the 8 recently sold and if so did you get a special deal /PX etc?

Edited by vrskeith

I haven't seen any S1 on the streets in Gothenburg, Sweden except for the dealerone.
And there are some pretty good reasons for that...
You think the Mk3 Fabia and the S1 in Brittain is expensive?
Our BASE-spec S1 costs a whooping 25000+£ !
Adding up some "reasonable" equipment :

Sportseats front (not the leather/nappa option)
Tinted windows
Electricly foldable sidemirrors with heated nozzlers for the windows (after all, it's Sweden)
Automaticly deglaring rearviewmirror
Storage and luggage-package
Armrest
Cruisecontrol
PDC front and rear
Comfortkey with alarm
Connectivity-package (MMI, bluetooth and Audi Music Interface)
2 years added warranty

I'd say this equipment is reasonable, no navigation, no uprated speakers or stuff like that.
The added cost? 
6200 £!

The biggest reason tho why NOT to buy an S1 is because it's still an A1.
It's hideous :(.

Edited by Confide
  • Like 1

see i actually like the A1, im considering either the 2.0 tdi or poss even the s1, get inside and its such a better car than the skoda in every way

yes it costs more but then fillet steak costs more than rump, you get what you pay for like everything in life, A1 isnt just a little better its miles better and worth every penny, look at the resale values compared to a skoda if you dont believe me

Theres a 3 door s1 at a dealer near me but im not sure i could live with 3 doors but get inside it and you instantly fall in love with it, im off to try it later in the week but the sensible head on me says buy the tdi, not sure which will win here but if i can get a decent deal im having one :)

• Like 1

Those are not Resale Values, they are 'Asking Prices',

which are not 'Selling Prices', just what they hope to sell near.

Audi have their way as does VW of working used prices & trying to be sure that residuals look good.

But like the Quarterly First Registered Numbers, all is not as it seems, Demonstrators, Management Cars, cars sold within the Group 

etc. Cars that can not be allowed to sit Used and Unsold for too long.

As to the cars Exteriors, lovely in most cases but looks are Skin Deep and the Panels are not made of better metal, or Plastic or Glass,

the Interiors are Nice, and the Mechanics are the Same VWG Parts other than the S1 gets the Haldex.

Edited by goneoffSKi

see i actually like the A1, im considering either the 2.0 tdi or poss even the s1, get inside and its such a better car than the skoda in every way

yes it costs more but then fillet steak costs more than rump, you get what you pay for like everything in life, A1 isnt just a little better its miles better and worth every penny, look at the resale values compared to a skoda if you dont believe me

Theres a 3 door s1 at a dealer near me but im not sure i could live with 3 doors but get inside it and you instantly fall in love with it, im off to try it later in the week but the sensible head on me says buy the tdi, not sure which will win here but if i can get a decent deal im having one :)

There's no way a better interior or a better range of engines make the A1 value for money and worth every penny, yes, they're better than a Fabia but they're slightly smaller inside, the boot's smaller as well and are basically the same car underneath.

They are nicer, I do agree but no way are they worth in excess of £18k+ even if they come with a 2.0 TDI or 2.0 TSI lump but each to their own, if I had that kind of cash to buy a car, it wouldn't be an A1.

• Like 1

i could be wrong but i dont think they use the same platform and the quality of materials is much better in the A1 too, yes they will use some shared parts but not as many as youd think

as you say though each to their own, if we were all the same life would be boring :)

• Like 2

Sorry but you are wrong.

Mk4 Ibiza 2008, Mk5 Polo 2009, Mk2 Fabia 2010, Type x8 A1 2010 are the same Platform & the 2014 S1 is the Same Modified to take Haldex.

& the 2014 Polo FL & A1 2015 Face Lift are tweaked again, same Platform.

Never new Type Approval,

Just like the All New 3rd Generation Skoda Fabia with Elements of the MQB,

Tweak Engine Mounts, Wheel Base & Suspension Mounts.

Same old Media spin & lost in Translation.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2

I'm not dissing the A1, it's a great car but like I said, i don't think it's worth the money they ask for them, it's only a posh Fabia, Polo and Ibiza rolled into a one, get it!

It's a bit like a working class bloke winning the lottery, he might wear nicer clothes now but he's still the same working class bloke underneath, that's all I'm saying!!

• Like 1

George, doesnt the fabia use pq24 and the A1 use pq25?

tbh ive no idea what it actually means but to me there a different number and therefore diff platform

im sure you'll tell me the diff and itll be negligible but its different never the less, that was all i was saying

I like them very much for the comfort when not on Silly Tyres, wonderful seats in some of them.

and i was having one before i ever got a Fabia, then i discovered i could have 2 Fabias for the cost of one well speced A1 at Launch.

I had a deposit sitting for 20 weeks and still no car arrived.

Looking forward to getting a 2015 A1 1.8TSI DSG Sportback sometime in the future when the Ex Demonstrators are sensibly priced.

In this colour for myself.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

but i keep seeing an old woman drive a vrs, i find that quite disturbing too ;)

She is having FUN,nothing wrong with that .Old or young!!

Last week 2 Oldie Blue Rinser types (Ladies) were sitting behind me at the Traffic Lights in a White Merc, 

chatting and paying no attention and they came behind as i went out the 30 mph limit into the 40 mph buffer.

She booted it in the 40 mph and took me from behind like i was standing still, which i was at 30-40 mph. 

It was a full Fat A45 AMG and off like a scolded cat, and it would have needed something rather special to catch up with her,

and that was on a damp & cold road.

I know the car now & who's it is and i have seen it parked up, and will be watching out for it, but not playing with it

i feel her skills or nerve is greater than mine, her bank balance certainly is.

• Like 1

Last week 2 Oldie Blue Rinser types (Ladies) were sitting behind me at the Traffic Lights in a White Merc, 

chatting and paying no attention and they came behind as i went out the 30 mph limit into the 40 mph buffer.

She booted it in the 40 mph and took me from behind like i was standing still, which i was at 30-40 mph. 

It was a full Fat A45 AMG and off like a scolded cat, and it would have needed something rather special to catch up with her,

and that was on a damp & cold road.

I know the car now & who's it is and i have seen it parked up, and will be watching out for it, but not playing with it

i feel her skills or nerve is greater than mine, her bank balance certainly is.

Toy Boy George,who would have thought it!!

• Like 1