how loud

I failed MOT with one.  One silencer gave nice balance between acceptable volume on normal driving, and volume on full power (when the silencer essentially becomes more of a straight through anyway)

Out of interest Joel what size exhaust tips on yours? As going to book into dku for my mufflerectomy and like your exhaust tip and how it sits in the bumper.

Sorry to hijack thread! Lol 

I have the piper turbo back 0 silencer and the silencer option.

The 0 silencer measured 99db at 3.5k revs at castle Combe

The 1 silencer measured 93db at 3.75k revs at brands hatch.

I did a small comparison video. I'll see if I can find it

Here's a video from castle Combe. Around about 1.42 I do a drive by

And at 56 seconds / 58 seconds is mine going past chasing the Cupra.  Side exit - 3" downpipe, one longlife silencer about 18" long with a 3" bore through it, to a 3" pipe (ovalled) out the side.  Nothing else.  It's not too bad for volume. :)

It's bloody hard to fail a car on excessive noise level. They need to have another car the same at the same time to compare.

Ahem - Have you heard a Fabia with a straight through, no silencers etc? LOL

It is pretty clear cut and you definitely do NOT need a standard car there to compare to when you have that sort of system fitted :D

When mine failed MOT on this issue, I was the other side of the MOT testing place, in a separate waiting room and I could hear my car quite clearly. :)

• Like 1