Wax Appeal Group Buy #2

Sparkly

Right Folks, here we go. (repetition from last GB ;) )

As those of you who visit the Styling and Car Care Section will be aware, I have agreed with Colin to become a Brisky Sponsor for detailing products and services with a focus on offering members an affordable way to test out new detailing products.

This will be run in a group buy format - most likely on a monthly basis depending on the uptake. I have a thread here outlining my plan and that has been up for a few weeks canvassing ideas for first products.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/315601-sponsor-gauging-interest-in-100ml-product-sample-group-buy/

For those of you too lazy to click ;) here is an extract which explains the plan.

"The main idea will be to help people try different products, to make these available at a reasonable price for you with no additional postage charges, with a mix of sample sizes and full sizes.

To start with, these products will be offered in a limited availability flash sale type format, more or less as the Group Buy system works at the moment. This is a known format on the site and it suits me as it allows me to plan the events and keep things tidy and organised which should mean a good service for you.

My thoughts to launch things next month would be with a flash sale on 100ml testers of a single product with a target price of £4.00 delivered"

"Two products from two big brands, but ones that I am fairly confident that there will be a lot of you who haven't tried them. This after all is the aim. Both products will give a good number of uses from a 100ml sample, depending on how they are used and I will hopefully be offering these as promised at the advertised £4 delivered target price I set for myself.

I will be shipping in batches, my idea is to send out all orders received by Sunday 8th on Tuesday 10th June, I will then allow another week of orders to come in and ship the following Monday/Tuesday

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so.......................................................

Life and a million other things keep conspiring to leg me up on getting this GB started.  Amongst other obstacles I now have a weeks family holiday :) to contend with.

So I put it to you to decide,  should I launch the GB now for sign up etc but posting wont be for around a fortnight.

Or

Do I write off July and roll everything into a bumper August GB to be run at the National Meet?  Think small green Fabia (or new motor if sorted) chock full of detailing goodies.

I want you to do it now.

But I know how hard it can be so hold off till you have time.

Not everyone at the meet, but I am so stuff the masses. Fill you boot and spread the joy!

• Like 1

Would be good to get some visibility on this before August ideally mate.

I'm away for 2 weeks of August minimum - maybe more....

Hope to read more about the interesting goodies soon....  :thumbup:

Well - not heard any updates.... i'm now off on holiday for 2 weeks or so.... hope there is something left for me when i get back!  :peek:  ;)  :thumbup:

I'll put your name against a set of the "reserve" samples Steve

I am still hoping to attend the national with some products, but plan will also be to run an online GB.

• Like 2

I'll put your name against a set of the "reserve" samples Steve

I am still hoping to attend the national with some products, but plan will also be to run an online GB.

Cheers - thanks for that Mark, nice one!  :thumbup:

Aw guys, I feel really bad I haven't been able to kick this off, no need to hit me with multimedia guilt.

Hands up, I have been well and truly bestialised by work, mostly due to a new boss trying to prove himself and justify his overinflated wage, I have mostly been sh@t for a few weeks now.

Normal service will resume.

Getting the same kicking off the missus, if that makes you feel better.

• Like 1

Aw guys, I feel really bad I haven't been able to kick this off, no need to hit me with multimedia guilt.

Hands up, I have been well and truly bestialised by work, mostly due to a new boss trying to prove himself and justify his overinflated wage, I have mostly been sh@t for a few weeks now.

Normal service will resume.

Getting the same kicking off the missus, if that makes you feel better.

Don't worry mate you're only trying your best, and FairPlay to you mate!

Hope life gets a bit more manageable for you!

• Like 1