making the VRS faster with the warranty intact?

Hi all, ive been deliberating with different mods and what to do to my 2014 VRS as i do love the power and feel of it but stepped into a pals that had been remapped and well, i dont know what he had done but it felt quick, i dont think he has any care in the world for a warranty though as he has plenty of $$..what it would be to be blessed with spending capabilities. anyway, to the normal folk, do we know of many ways to get a better performance more bhp while keeping a warranty? and has anyone remapped and had any problems with them? (ive spoken to a few folk that have had theres remapped and been fine but the fellow at skoda told me he had had 3 engines back and he would not touch it but he does work for skoda so..) be interested to know if anyone has upped the performance without a remap or even with one and what the car is like.. Thanks in advance all..

Was your pals car a 2012 or older and a CAVE engine / ecu?

Stage 1 Remapped on this is around 210 bhp, more with other mods. 

& Tuning Box is over 200 bhp,,  205-210 bhp or so.

You have a new 14/64 plate CTHE,  so a locked ECU.   

You can fit a 'Tuning Box',  or maybe find someone that is remapping the CTHE,  that voids the Manufacturers Warranty.

TMC or Bluespark tuning box,

but you may still void the Engine Warranty.

But you have a CTHE engine so hopefully no problems.

With some more running in & using 99 ron fuel ,

your car should be near 185 bhp, maybe more as standard.

Edited by goneoffSKi

TMC tuning box... take it off when you go for service ect ..... its a pigglyback ECU, the cars ECU still runs under normal perameters....

a ran one for 50k on my last vRS , and never had an issue with the garage or warrenty.. not put one on the new car (CTHE) because its just as quick, but then most CTHE engines are making about 196bhp on the rollers, my old (2010 CAVE engine car made 194bhp with the TMC box on 7)

k_Lfe5f_P.jpg

• Like 3

The Warranty issue might never arise. you remove the box before going to a Dealership.

as long as nothing happens say on a Motorway.

But be aware if you have an Engine Issue, make a warranty claim & sign a Declaration you had no Software Enhancements

or Non Standard factory electrics to boost performance, and Skoda / VW want the ECU analyzed,

it might show that the Tuning box was fitted.

Never going to happen, so no concerns there.

but actually it has happened, and ECU's are being analyzed because there have been rather a lot of engine failures in the CAVE,

and now on some CTHE engines.

george

Edited by goneoffSKi

thomas,

did you buy the Red vRS in the thread you posted?

One thing to be aware of with a CAVE engine car if anyone buys a used one,

You might fit a Tuning Box and it will be undetectable, 

but then if the car previously was remapped before you bought the car,

you are still in the same boat of Skoda possibly rejecting a Warranty Claim.

george

My mates is a 12 I'm pretty sure, but anyway on the tuning box are they detectable or?? If they analyse the ECU or?

Shark that sounds pretty cool man!! Ill have to have a look into it properly how much are the TMC tuning boxes mate if you know?? It definitely needs the prated springs on it tho, had a bit of a blast in it tonight and going round a corner it just wasn't right at all glad be getting them on on Tuesday for sure!! Cheers for the feedback everyone too, and thanks George again!!

"is it any wonder why skoda say there wont be a mk3 vrs?"   @ post #10

It is odd that there is to be a 2nd Generation MK5 Face Lift Polo GTI 2015 with a 1.8 TSI, (or is it a mk6 ?)

when the MK5 Polo GTI 1.4 TSI sold half as many as the MK2 Fabia vRS did in the UK,

And also less than the Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI.

Yet twice as many as the Audi A1 1.4 TFSI 185 PS.

(There is already a S1 (A1) 2.0 TSI out in 2014)

It is a scandal that VW / Skoda / Seat / Audi do not acknowledge they built some badly Designed, Manufactured & Quality Controlled Engine Units between 2009-2012.

They just pass it off via Skoda Employees and Franchised Dealership Employees as a small matter as they pay between 

£3,500 - £5,000 to replace engines.

Shame on Volkswagen for the 3 Monkeys & treating paying customers like Mushrooms.

http://revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues

'Internaitonal Engine of the Year under 1.0 - 1.4 litre,  for 4 Consecutive years'.

http://ukipme.com/engineoftheyear/results.php?id=12

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK

'We are an absolute joke as engine builders, and providers of Customer Services / Honesty.'

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 3