Regretting New Yeti on order - Outdoors more desirable than City models

biglunn

Hi,

Thanks to the idiot that rear ended my Skoda Fabia, last week I got paid out on the total write-off. For years having driven one, I wanted a Yeti, and last Wednesday I placed an order for a Yeti! As having 1 car short causes me & my wife great inconvenience, I wanted to avoid placing a new build order, and via Carwow I found a great dealer who gave me a list of cars that are 'at port of exit'. I wanted an Outdoor 1.2 SE but couldnt find an acceptable colour/option combo. I plumped for a Laser White 1.2 SE with a black roof - non outdoor 'city' version. This colour combo looked great in my local showroom and promo videos :-)

Although I'm happy with the order, one thing that bugs me is that the Outdoor versions seem more desirable - these forums are proof. Even used car valuations at 1yr old value same spec Outdoors to be valued £300+ higher. I am considering changing the order for a Jungle Green Outdoor version also at the port in Germany.

Now... I phoned the dealer and he will see what he can do. The car has been tagged and the car may not have left Germany yet - does anyone know what issues/problems may be encountered if the order is changed now? Would losing my deposit be the only way?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by biglunn

I've bought 2 cars from stock that were in germany waiting shipping and the dealer told me then that to secure the car they had to commit to buying it from Skoda so if this is still the case you might have problems changing it now unless the dealer can find another buyer or is willing to take it into their stock themselves. Good luck.

• Like 1

I would not be worried and stay with your present order. I think it is early days yet to say resale will be lower. There is a market for all types of Yeti out there, despite our personal preferences or bias. I bought a white City for what it is, a tall car that is eay to get in and out of with a raised driving position. I personally cannot uderstand buying an Outdoor unless its a 4WD, because that is to me what it looks like it is supposed to be with the black protection and rub bits on it. As regards colour, white was once poverty spec, but now many manufactures charge a premium price for it. And as regards green, we were once told it was a no-go colour choice if you ever wanted to sell. The thing is the two colours chosen by Skoda that show the Yeti at its best for the sales literature are white and green.

Colin

Dealer just got back to me, and he said that I could change the car for £500 - this is the cost Skoda charge to effectively cancel an order and detag the vehicle.

Not worth it IMO so sticking with the order as it is. I think it would look fine in white with a black roof - just a little nagging frustration that I couldn't wait a little longer and get the car that I actually want more!

• Just sold my 'white with black roof' Adventure Yeti for a Jungle Green Superb.
  • Both colours really suit the respective vehicles.
  • I'm sure you'll be more than happy with your purchase.

Shanco

biglunn

We got the Jungle Green, basically the only colour available within the time frame.

I must admit now the Colour is growing on me..................like moss.   :D 

White is a bit common, so if you cant change, never mind.  :x 

As the saying goes nowadays...Go Green.  :envy: 

• 1 month later...

The £500 charge for changing an order is a bit of a grey area... I was told by one dealer this was the charge when they cancel an order... Another dealer explained that Skoda only charge the dealer the £500 if they cancel/change orders on a regular basis. The occasional cancellation or change the dealer is not charged

Initialy I wanted to order a Yeti Elegance 1.4 tsi Outdoor, but personally I liked the City version more.

So at the end I decided to go for the City version, my brother in law ordered the Outdoor.

See attached photo of our Yeti's.

Ik don't think you will regret the model /colour scheme you now have ordered.

yetis_zps6d20abe2.jpg

WP_20141030_003_zps214a51a1.jpg

Recently changed the 17 inch Scudo rims for the 17 inch Hawk version.

You won't regret your order.  The City version looks great in white with a black roof in my book. You won't regret it.  All you need to do is get the €60 Yeti Monte Carlo black mirror caps to get rid of the terrible looking white ones and you have the perfect Yeti.

Skoda-Yeti-1200x800-8d6a37a5ee31b09c.jpg

Skoda-Yeti-1200x800-af7da0429f657f89.jpg

You won't regret your order.  The City version looks great in white with a black roof in my book. You won't regret it.  All you need to do is get the €60 Yeti Monte Carlo black mirror caps to get rid of the terrible looking white ones and you have the perfect Yeti.

I would add the monte-carlo black grill to that also - but yes, Johann is right - I would go so far as to say that the white/black roof combo looks even better on the "indoor" model than it does on my outdoor model.

Feeling a tiny bit jealous now....

2rxfnyv.jpg

• Like 1

Recently changed the 17 inch Scudo rims for the 17 inch Hawk version.

I do like those wheels!

And can we get them in the UK...........................................................

I do like those wheels!

And can we get them in the UK...........................................................

Go on, Graham!  You know you want to tell us!  :peek:

Joking apart, white wheels wouldn't last that way for more than 50 yards from our gate.  Might be OK for an urban life, though, for all I know

Go on, Graham!  You know you want to tell us!  :peek:

Joking apart, white wheels wouldn't last that way for more than 50 yards from our gate.  Might be OK for an urban life, though, for all I know

Even on a spotlessly clean road, it's brake dust that will make the front wheels dirty and grey looking within days.

I know, I know!!

Just happen to like the look of those wheels.

And i know they wouldn't stay clean for very long around here.

BUT you know I like dirty cars Graham - so white wheels that show even more dirt sounds good to me too.  (Though I will never ever do such a thing to a car of mine truth be told!)

http://www.kreijnewebshop.nl/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_186_193&product_id=657

These are 17inch Hawk Skoda rims, Octavia III, euro 185,00 each.

a long time ago I owned a Suzuki 413 and Vitara and they both had steel white rims.

Yes you need to clean them more often than black or Silver wheels, but who cares I like them

very much on my Yeti.

Edited by Polypenko

Initialy I wanted to order a Yeti Elegance 1.4 tsi Outdoor, but personally I liked the City version more.

So at the end I decided to go for the City version, my brother in law ordered the Outdoor.

See attached photo of our Yeti's.

Ik don't think you will regret the model /colour scheme you now have ordered.

yetis_zps6d20abe2.jpg

Recently changed the 17 inch Scudo rims for the 17 inch Hawk version.

Interesting seeing them side by side, I still prefer the outdoor but each to their own.

The White wheels do look nice.