Staging "needle sweep"

R1chard

Hm at least they're looking into it. No idea what the report is about but i'm guessing it's a more technical term for saying "we're gunna ask Skoda UK how to do it" which is fine either way.

I had a similar response from my dealer in fact it was more of a shrug of shoulders and a grunt.. Just a quick question as my Monte is just 1 year old would any of these mods affect the warranty? Cheers.

No warranty issues no, its all in the car, you're just turning things on...

Hm at least they're looking into it. No idea what the report is about but i'm guessing it's a more technical term for saying "we're gunna ask Skoda UK how to do it" which is fine either way.

Probably.

I asked a dealer to change my steering weight, he replied saying he cant do it because the air bags wont go off. (In simple terms, he waffled on a lot more).

They just make stuff up

• 5 months later...

Anyone got any updates to needle sweep and its location in the software. Had central locking tweaks done on my 2014 Monte black edition but they couldn't manage the needle sweep. Said if I know where it is they will do it. Also had cruise added to it, makes it such a dream to drive on dual carriageways :)

As above its generally activated under "staging" but on my monte tech it had to be done under "celebration" can't quite remember if it was indicator/instrument celebration or just celebration, one of them three will be in the list!

As above its generally activated under "staging" but on my monte tech it had to be done under "celebration" can't quite remember if it was indicator/instrument celebration or just celebration, one of them three will be in the list!

Indication celebration.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the exact code for the needle sweep. The dealer has said if I give him the code he will just type it in and click go on the computer and install it? Also what's the vRS steering mode, does it make it more tangible steering?

Does anyone have the exact code for the needle sweep. The dealer has said if I give him the code he will just type it in and click go on the computer and install it? Also what's the vRS steering mode, does it make it more tangible steering?

It's an adapation in vcds, so you don't see the code.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Vrs steering is barely noticable. I had mine changed and couldnt tell the difference in town.

Then i got abit of speed up, and its just a little more responsive and precise on the turn in.

Its worth doing if its free or youre having other mods done at the same time.

Im tempted to try the polo gti setting.

The carista app will do the sweep and lots of other stuff. Alarm beeps, single press unlock etc

I did the sweep on my wifes roomster.

Great app. Also reads and resets codes

The carista app will do the sweep and lots of other stuff. Alarm beeps, single press unlock etc

I did the sweep on my wifes roomster.

Great app. Also reads and resets codes

Is it easy to use and what does it cost, particularly interested in adaptions like "staging", beep on arm/disarm of alarm, tear wipe etc.?

Its free to download. You need an OBD bluetooth dongle (ebay) to interface between the app and the OBD

The cost to use the facilities depends on the number available for your car but for Skoda then its £15.00 and that's it.

Worth every penny imho

Very very easy to use. 

• Like 1

Do you have an eBay link to a tried and tested dongle? I got this link from the carista web site, is this any good? I would obviously pay P&P on top but with it being Amazon it might be worth it??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LE58L9W/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B00LE58L9W&linkCode=as2&tag=carista-21&linkId=YS3EDQXFSK7UAMTK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

its just a BT interface. They are not specific to apps

it allowa the phone to communicate with the car

The app running be it torque or carista or whatever uses the plug in bt module to be able to communicate with the car

They list the torque app is its a very popular app thats all - like as a selling point

edit - just seen the Ipad bit - not sure then, best buy your amazon one.

This is an example of why I turned off from apple - too many restrictions.

Its free to download. You need an OBD bluetooth dongle (ebay) to interface between the app and the OBD

The cost to use the facilities depends on the number available for your car but for Skoda then its £15.00 and that's it.

Worth every penny imho

Very very easy to use. 

When do you pay your £15.00 when you first try to use the scanner? I guess it may be easier to bite the bullet and just buy the caristaapp dongle http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/?tag=carista-21 ?!

Do you have an eBay link to a tried and tested dongle? I got this link from the carista web site, is this any good? I would obviously pay P&P on top but with it being Amazon it might be worth it??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LE58L9W/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B00LE58L9W&linkCode=as2&tag=carista-21&linkId=YS3EDQXFSK7UAMTK

Am i right in thinking apple products wont work with the BT ones?

Needs a wifi one iirc?

Yeah, spot on bud. I only found that out last night. I prefer wifi as I can have the app running and stream my music via BT at the same time. If I went with android, which my phone is I could only use one or the other, music or carista/dashcommand

• Like 1