Skoda Superb boot spoiler

PassatW8,

Welcome to the site from across the pond although it would not be my cup of tea as we would say but that is why we are all individual and that is also why there are these items available.

If you like it, buy it, that's all that counts.

One point is that it would have a negative effect on the boot (trunk) lid gas struts which would cause them to fail quite quickly due to the extra weight.

Edited by Danny 57

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Warm welcome's are reserved for people posting in the 'Introduce Yourself' section  :kiss:

Posting in other sub-sections is likely to get disparate responses ranging from kudos and applause, to snorts of derision.

If you can't stand the heat.....

Gaz

Hello friend and welcome. I hope you will find some usefull information on this forum. :)

First of all, our car is family car and not sport. Keep in mind that big spoiler can spoil look of our car and can make him ridicolous.

So there is some(truth hard to find) body kits and few nice looking spoilers, but many people actualy choose this kind of spoiler for their car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKODA-OCTAVIA-MK1-1996-2003-BOOT-LIP-SPOILER-UK-SELLER-/171843462170?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2802ab241a

I understand taste are diffrent, but maybe just maybe on this time maybe solution is to go smooth with this suptile one.

If you decide to install spoiler any of these, I hope so you will post picture :))

Hello, my car is a sport, it is a Passat W8 and I race this car. The B5 Passat is the same car as the B5 Superb. The W8 has 4.0 liter 8 cylinder with 300 hp, 6 speed manual transmission and all wheel drive.

11009205_10153189124633280_4558843297336

If I'm understanding this correctly you wonder if that spoiler fits on your Passat? 

I can tell you that the Superb has the same trunk lid as the 3BG Passat. (I've discovered a 3B5 part-number once when I disassembled it).

The american version of the Passat might have a different trunk lid, since your license plates are smaller. 

Hope that helps. 

PS: The Passat W8 was sold and intended as a comfort car, not a sports car in my country. 

Edited by nafetss

Hi, I've done some research and yes it will fit. My inquiry here was just asking if anyone has any pictures of this boot spoiler fitted to a Superb. Thanks.

I race my Jetta Syncro also. I'm an American, my comfort car is a truck, lol.

I am honored you chose European cars for racing, but I feel some of the chaps around here might think that the car category ain't right... [emoji3]

Trimis de pe al meu D5503 folosind Tapatalk

That's not the point.

You can race whatever pleases you, even a hearse...[emoji12]

I was just saying that you might be barking at the wrong tree, since most of the topics discussed here are practical, long-term usage issues, related to the purpose this car was built for. And that's not racing, for sure. Maybe this is why some of the answers were a bit caustic, but to the point in my opinion.

Aerodynamics is not the strongest point of this car and for sure any spoiler won't have any functionality, will just add weight and hurt the eye. But that's just my opinion, please feel free and search around, I think Milotec.de have some kits which fit the Superb, so most likely the Passat as well...

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to elaborate a bit my previous one.

Trimis de pe al meu D5503 folosind Tapatalk

Hello, my car is a sport, it is a Passat W8 and I race this car. The B5 Passat is the same car as the B5 Superb. The W8 has 4.0 liter 8 cylinder with 300 hp, 6 speed manual transmission and all wheel drive.

11009205_10153189124633280_4558843297336

Welcome to Briskoda. Now THAT is a fantastic "Q" car! I guess it's road-legal too? There is a really subtle lip spoiler available here

http://milotec.de/index.php?cat=c294_Heckspoiler----schuerzen.html&XTCsid=6c30447b885b7bc606300cef77b438e2

Hi, thanks for the website links guys, that's the info I seek... just looking at options. "numskull", that spoiler is very similar to the Zender one for the Passat.

What is a "Q" car? I race SCCA, you can see more about it here: www.scca.com

Yes, it is 100% street legal, I've only upgraded the wheels, brakes, tires, supsension and ECU (computer tune). I have removed the American 155 mph top speed limiter so that it will do the full 184 mph, that would be considered illegal if the federal transportation had inspections but they do not. The local state inspections do not check the ECU. There are only 40,000 of the W8 in USA and only 421 of them were 6 speed manual transmission, like mine, all others were automatic and much slower.

I have a factory Votex kit to install soon, it is the aerodynamic panels at the bottom. This car pictured below is not mine but you can see the body panels.

post-132647-0-71365600-1438377257_thumb.jpg

Edited by PassatW8

Q-car

A car that looks stock from outside, but is seriously modified for increased performance, handling, braking etc.

Comes from the Q-ships, heavily armed, but disguised, merchant marine ships used in WWI and WWII to trick enemy submarines into attacking what they thought was a sot target, Although in WWi they sank a couple of early subs who surfaced to attack, they weren't successful.