Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. Ah, thanks for explaining that. I'll still have to wait until my lease comes up for renewal. Hopefully in that time things in regard to battery life and range will have improved even more.
  2. Just seen the price of them. Bloody hell they're expensive now. 😲
  3. Not applicable here. Unless they do something to compensate for it, then I'll be staying in the fossil fuel group.
  4. I went for traditional Race Blue for current car, if I have a Mk4, I'll think about this Green, but only after I've seen it, otherwise it's going Quartz grey, because it's a very safe and understated colour, quite classy. The green is quite garish.
  5. That safety system is there for a purpose, not for decoration or ornament. As cppgr stated it does have a good use, you just need to have the confidence to let it do its thing. As I've said before if you isolate it, so it doesn't work and you're involved in a serious incident where you or third party gets seriously injured, then police investigations may check whether the system was working or not. If they were to find it in a deliberately isolated and they then say it was a contributory factor in the incident, you could find yourself in a very difficult legal situation and possibly facing serious charges, which could incur jail time. These systems are becoming more and more common and standard equipment as the EU tightens its grasp on car equipment regulations, so trying to avoid them will become almost impossible to do and more than likely impossible to manually override, other than by an expert mechanic for technical reasons. Irritating it maybe, but should the worst happen, it could save your life, your family or friends life and a third party life too. As The Beatles song goes Let it be.
  6. I'd want to see it "in the flesh" so to speak as it can vary quite a bit from a picture on a computer screen and what it looks like really due to the colour settings on a computer also the lighting settings where/when a picture was taken and the colour gamut used.
  7. I've just discovered that I'm only in year two, not year 3 of my PCP, so it's going to be another year at least before I change, which considering the amount of woes and problems that first adopters are having may well be a good thing as it will give Skoda time to get their soft(firm)ware right.
  8. Just make sure that you have unlimited data allowance. It eats it.
  9. I hope that your optimism is well founded, because if I'm going to be shelling out the best part of £39k on a car I want it to perform and operate perfectly from day one. No software glitches, tourist mode to work correctly for when I go to France and Belgium (whenever that may be). However with the experience I've had with my current vehicle and the amount of coercion that I have had to use to get a couple of ecu's upgraded with new software which seems to have eradicated 99.9% of the problems, I just don't see it happening. BMW, Jaguar do it as they see it as an evolutionary thing that gets rid of problems being experienced by their customers in the real world. Skoda don't. Very poor.
  10. Well I'm quite relieved that I have at least 7-8 months before they'll be pestering me to change my car and whilst I'll be glad to see the back of it and now reading about all of the ongoing issues with the Mk4, I'm now at the point where I can honestly say that I don't think that my next car will be an RS or any Skoda tbqh. I'll be giving much more consideration towards a Jaguar XE or BMW 128. Having had loads of electronic systems issues with my existing car, I really don't think that I could deal with another car with so many mechanical and electronic issues as seen here. Skoda have shown that they don't want to really bother with software updates/upgrades unless put under significant coercion to do so.
  11. Key fob maybe a battery life thing, so try replacing it with a cheapo one from Aldi or Lidl, otherwise don't worry about it, it does seem to be an FAQ.
  12. It can vary between 28 and 32. Depending on the journey to/from work or shopping trips etc. It can be as low as 24 or so in slow traffic in town (which we shouldn't be having)
  13. When I fill the car it's always to the brim and driven normally, it makes no difference if I choose Eco or Normal modes, the range will max out at 325, this is since it's 1st service. So the range has dropped from 340-345 miles per tank, prior to the 1st service to 320-325 afterwards, I would have thought that after the 1st service and now 12k miles it would be approaching it's optimum, so around 330-335, so still 5-10 miles shy of what I would have expected.
  14. I had my car serviced just prior to the incident where something smashed the oil sump of it, before the service if I filled the car to the brim the range would show 340-345 miles. After the service it only showed 320-325 miles, so after the service I've lost 20-25 miles of range for some reason, it hasn't changed from 325 since the car has been repaired and oil replaced. I'll admit that I'm a bit miffed by the loss of 20-25 miles of range.
  15. Thanks for letting us know your unwanted predicament, I can imagine that the amount of stress it's causing you is unbelievable. All I can say is that I wish you all the best and hope it's resolved to your satisfaction soon.
  16. All I'm basically saying is if you do it on your head be it, however have you ever heard of a poor lawyer? Never ever leave yourself open to legal proceedings, they're expensive without exception.
  17. Just beware that by isolating the car's safety systems you could be held liable/culpable for any damage, injuries sustained or criminal proceedings may instigated against you, depending on the road laws in your country. Safety systems are there for a reason, not as a toy. If you don't like them, get rid of the car and find something that doesn't have any of them, but you may struggle to find a new one as the EU stranglehold on car safety systems and specifications increases, unless you buy something that is considerably older and less well specified.
  18. It might actually be covered under what was the sale of goods act, now the Consumer Rights Act 2015. It says that the item that you have bought must of merchantable quality and fit for purpose. I have attached a copy of it. Consumer Rights Act 2015.pdf
  19. All well and good until dashcam footage (say in a lorry cab, which is high up) shows up that there was nothing in front of it when the vehicle in front slammed its brakes on without good cause. Then the brown stuff hits the high speed rotating device.
  20. It would be the opposite. I'm wondering if GPS is having a hand in this. Have you been flashed at night by cars travelling in the opposite direction? If not, then I would suggest that there's little to worry about.
  21. Could there be legal ramifications here? Just thinking that if they're fitted as safety systems, but isolated by you and if you were involved in an accident? Because a lawyer could say that they would have prevented the incident. However conversely, if they are active and they cause an accident through it's malfunction. You could be held culpable either way.
  22. That's one way to look at it.
  23. Hopefully of at least £4k.
  24. Have you checked what the units are? Miles or Km? I wonder if this just another software bug?
  25. I had this problem with my RS, it was a defective camera and ECU fault, after much toing and froing from the dealer workshop and a row about me tampering with the ECU concerned (which I haven't) they replaced the camera (which I had independently tested and know was defective) and updated the ECU. Strangely enough it has stopped doing it almost entirely, it can occasionally get tricked by a bird or rubbish, but on the whole has been fine since. Good luck with your car, they can fix it, but it just needs a lot of time, patience and trips to the dealer to get it sorted.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.