Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. They can do what and when they like they have control over the purse strings. It's just killed of any thoughts that I might have had of getting one.
  2. Yes saw that conveniently buried in the depths of motoring websites.
  3. Well hope you can find another £500 extra, they've just cut the grant from £3k to £2½k.
  4. Still think I'll be carrying one of these in the back.
  5. Also stand out like a sore thumb if you've been a naughty driver speeding or whatever.
  6. You can alternatively find exactly the same specification dampers on Ebay along with the necessary swivel heads and washers. And it will be a good bit cheaper too. I've still got mine waiting to be fitted as I lost the car for a week for repairs and I haven't been well or had the time to do it.
  7. If it's going to do OTA updates, then I would expect it to occur overnight, when the car is parked up. Unless you're like me do stupid shifts, but I suspect any motion would halt the download and upgrade until it stays stationary for a prolonged period of time.
  8. Not going to fit a train horn then. As seen on YouTube!
  9. It shouldn't do if it's permanently connected via the SOS button (if fitted).
  10. Oh yeah I can fully appreciate your colour choice, it's nice. I nearly had it this time, but I won't be having a hybrid, apparently the gearbox is a bit fidgety, compared to the petrol. Also with that pathetic range on battery power it's not worth the extra cost.
  11. Really, I think that it's pretty overrated. I don't notice that much difference for the price paid. Won't be having it on the next car if I have an RS. Still considering a Jaguar or BMW 128ti.
  12. I wouldn't go for the hybrid, it doesn't have very good reviews.
  13. Two quick questions for you folk (you have my sympathy for all of your troubles). 1. Is there a Tourist Mode on the car which deals with speeds/distances? 2. If you're getting nowhere have you considered bringing the media in on this, things like BBC Watchdog, AutoExpress, Autocar et al? If you can get them on board, the adverse publicity, may and I only say may, give Skoda and VW Group a hefty kick up the corporate jacksie and get thing's sorted as a matter of urgency, as it will affect already depleted sales. The only reason I'm saying this is because a Class Action can be very expensive, not only to initiate, but to carry through and should it fail, you could be liable for large amounts of money in legal fees.
  14. You shouldn't need to do that distance, a local retailer should be able to order a correctly coded key for you if you visit them, as they can take all the specific details they need directly from the car.
  15. Leave it "on the shelf", they're soon going to start discounting when they don't sell. Also I tend to think that it will be quite regional in regards to sales, because of the charging infrastructure or lack of it in many parts. I'm outside Guildford and I've not got many charging stations around me, also if I want to get to the West Country, I'm going to be suffering charge anxiety, because they get even more sparse and if you go to West Somerset I don't know of any between Taunton and Ilfracombe via Minehead and Porlock. The charging station infrastructure isn't really good enough unless you live in London or major city, so outside of them I don't think that they're going to get many (if any) sales.
  16. Does the additional colours option add sky blue pink? 😉
  17. Yes, thanks for that. I thought it would be very strange if an DSG boxed car (or any auto car) didn't have a N position on the gear selection, for the reasons I stated above. Just went to netcarshow and found a picture of the selector. As you can see there's an N position.
  18. Good point, unless there's a manual override to the gearbox. I had to use it two weeks ago when my car had to be towed away (non startable due to smashed oil sump) and for two of us it was quiet easy to do by putting it in N, without it I don't see how you can do it, as you're going to be fighting the gearbox & engine.
  19. Yeah. I've got a MY 19. Due to change late this year, not keen on the switch arrangement. Like I said my existing car has N which I use at lights with the handbrake (I hate electric parking brakes too), so I don't dazzle the driver behind. I don't know what my next car will be yet. I'd like to think that it'll be a Mk4, however with the way I feel about the existing car and all of the glitches and issues that other drivers are having with it, it has put doubts in my mind.
  20. If you could choose any colour for your order what would it be? I like Race Blue, but would like a different one like this purple! Or a really nice deep metallic red. Skoda's idea of a metallic red is a bit of a joke, when you compare it to the red's of Peugeot or Mazda.
  21. I like having a N position, it allows me to put the car there whilst sitting at lights or traffic and not keeping my foot on the brake pedal which means dazzling the driver behind.
  22. Personally I just bought pro level GPS speedo software for my phone and bring it online when I'm in SPECS camera areas, areas where I know that the local plod regularly do speed traps. I now know that IIRC when my speedo is showing 73 it's actually doing ~70.2 mph really and that's confirmed using a Garmin Sat Nav too.
  23. If you can't do this basic maintenance then you really shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car, let alone own one.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.