Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
Accept or Reject
I would have said reject the car as well. The stress and anxiety of it isn't any good for you or your family, it also doesn't do your health any good whatsoever and so the easiest option would be to remove the thing that's causing the stress & anxiety, namely the car. OK you'll take a financial hit, but you can't take your money with you, so take the hit and get out of the deal. I'm already thinking about my next car and at the current moment in time it's most definitely NOT a Skoda Octavia Mk4! Which is a crying shame because I like Skoda, I've liked all my Octavia's as they've been so good and reliable (current one excepted) as they go. Next will be either a BMW or Jaguar at the moment.
-
Wireless Charger
Buy a Brodit Clip, mount a ball connector (aka Sat Nav mount) on it, then buy something like the Baseus wireless charger from Aliexpress about £25. Buy a USB C cable and thread it under the floor mat and under the door seal up to the mount done. The Baseus mount will charge at 5,10 or 15w.
-
Coolant loss
Just had my RS flag up coolant low, which is a surprise as it was only serviced 3 months ago. Still I was lucky enough to be nearly home when it happened and left it for 90 mins and checked the expansion bottle, sure enough it was virtually empty. So filled it up to the bottom of the filler as I can't see where the water level is on the bottle and had a little drive and waited again and it took some more (about ½ ltr in total) and its been fine so far. Just hope that I'm not going to have an issue with it as I can't afford another big bill at the moment.
-
Short number plates fit? Mk3.5 vrs
Just a reminder that you can be fined for having such a plate. I found this: The DVLA state " The Police can issue fixed penality fines for illegally displayed numberplates,offenders are liable to a maximum fine of £1000, and in some cases the mark can be removed. Vehicles with illegally displayed numberplates may be subject to MOT test failure. Now ask yourself is it worth the effort when you're probably going to get grief from the old bill?
-
Skoda facelift DSG - any problems
No problems with the gearbox on my car either, nice smooth fast gear changing and if you are thinking about a DSG get the paddles on the steering wheel column as it makes manual changing for a quick overtake of a dawdler a breeze.
-
Squealing between 3rd and 4th (DSG)
Get it checked, pronto. Especially if the car is under warranty. It could be a sign of something major going wrong.
-
Later Mk4 builds.
I've come close to taking advice with my Mk3, but I have a lot of sympathy for all of you folk who've had to endure loads of faults that should never have occurred in the first place. I'm very much in two minds whether to go for a Mk4 later in the year with all of the troubles that have been dogging owners of a Mk4 of various derivatives of the Octavia.
-
Later Mk4 builds.
The heated windscreen should be listed as part of the winter pack on your order and sales invoice, if it's on there and missing then take it up with the dealer and get them to install it FOC. Otherwise take legal advice... Your build date should be available from your dealer.
-
Later Mk4 builds.
Do you happen to know what the approximate build date is please.
-
Later Mk4 builds.
Mmm. Food for thought. 🤔
-
Later Mk4 builds.
Thanks for your input. Most appreciated, I will wait and see if anyone else wants to add anything more because if more owner's put their build dates in it should be able to determine where the bad builds end and the much improved one's begin. My heart wants a new RS, whilst my head says "Don't touch one with the proverbial bargepole". 🤔
-
Later Mk4 builds.
Been watching this forum regarding the significant number of issues regarding the operation of the car. It's been on sale for the best part of a year or so now, but have the later builds of the Mk4 improved in soft and firmware operation or are there still a significant number of issues regarding this? Thought I'd ask as it won't be long now until a dealer starts pestering about replacing my existing car. Which I may keep if thing's haven't improved even though I don't like it much.
-
Dashcam cable??
-
Dashcam cable??
What connection is required C to C, C to Micro B? Kinda helpful if we know what connections are required.
-
Dashcam cable??
There's a 40cm cable on Amazon, however it's coiled.
-
Dashcam cable??
-
Dashcam cable??
There's 1ft one on Etsy for £18.
-
Dashcam cable??
-
In need of advice
Oh I am, I'm so disillusioned by the Mk4 and the troubles I've had with mine, that I'm thinking about jumping ship and going to BMW, Jaguar or back to VW. I've got 7 or 8 months to go before my pcp comes up, so plenty of time yet.
-
In need of advice
I left manual gearboxed cars about 15 years or so ago due to knee and hip issues and never regretted it. Only had one start going a bit funny with me and that was a Mk2 1.8 TSi and the mechatronics started to go, but I got rid of the car before the gearbox did the dirty! Had 4 RS's since all with DSG gearboxes and all have performed flawlessly in regard to gearbox performance, this one has just been a crock of crap with electronic (non gearbox) issues, but compared to what I've been reading on the Mk4 forum, it's been fantastic by comparison.
-
Admunsun sat nav UK towns and village names missing on screen
Like I said months ago use Android auto and Google Maps, easy simpler and pretty damned good for something that's free.
-
Enyaq Ordered
Probably not at the current time. Give it a year and things will have probably improved again with the larger batteries will have got better range and charging points got faster and more plentiful.
-
Enyaq Ordered
So we still don't know whether we are going to get the same effects as mobile phone users do with their battery where it sticks at a certain level regardless of how much or long they charge it for. Now normally I would only have to charge a car with a 300 mile range, once in two or three weeks depending on shifts so would be fine formy needs. However there's normally at least 8 long distance trips p.a to/from West Somerset, Derbyshire, Calais, Belgium etc, where 300 miles is going to be touch and go whether I would need a 30'-1hr charge to complete the journey and when you've been up early and it's a long day and journey the last thing you want is to be sitting around twiddling your thumbs waiting for a charge to get you home, whereas with a fossil fuelled car, I can pull up at a petrol station and refill and go in 5 mins or so depending if it's busy or not.
-
Enyaq Ordered
I want something that does 350-400 miles on a charge. If I go to see friends in Derbyshire for the day I don't want to stop for an hour or so half way back because I need to recharge, so a 3 hrs journey takes 4 or more. When they can charge a battery from <25% to 75% or more in 5 mins then it truly becomes a viable option.
-
Skoda Enyaq
OK. So we have discussed the situation with charging points in the UK, but what about France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany etc? What are the options there for when we finally get out of this mess we're currently in.