Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
Sat nav updates from eBay
The built-in system has consistently failed to do any diversion when it encounters the congestion on the A303 around Amesbury and Stonehenge. I just automatically take the alternative route via Larkhill to go around it.
-
Sat nav updates from eBay
It's probably just a "hand holding" thing. I also keep a paper road atlas in the car should all technology fail! I only tend to use Tw*t nav for driving into areas that I'm not familiar with and cities (seldom). However I still prefer Google Maps or Waze over the built-in system.
-
Any Mk3 owners had a LSD fitted ?
-
Sat nav updates from eBay
Thanks for pointing that out. However he can still use a smartphone with Google Maps or Waze installed for a better navigation experience.
-
Sat nav updates from eBay
Do you think that this car is telling me that it doesn't like me? 🤔
-
Sat nav updates from eBay
Alternatively if you have a modern smart phone, use Google Maps or Waze which are better and more up-to-date than either Skoda's or VW's mapping and you can put it onto your infotainment system screen or VC using Android Auto. Although saying that I did have to buy a replacement map card from Ebay (£25) because muggins here dropped the original in a drain when transferring it to the house for an update and I couldn't get the drain cover up. 😫
-
VRS Road Noise
Michelin PS4 are very quiet. Just had a pair put on the front of mine. However they don't exactly inspire confidence in their grip and handling so far. Now whether that's because I've got the OEM Bridgestones on the rear I don't know. I still prefer Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics either 2 or 3 for grip and handling and they're not bad for noise, the 2s are worse for fuel than the 3s. I'm not going to replace the rear one's just yet in case I decide to get shot of this nightmare of a car.
-
A\C and coolant
The car is only a very late MY19.
-
A\C and coolant
It's still under warranty, so it's Skodas problem. It's been serviced by a franchised dealer to their specs and time frames. They've got the car for at least 3 days from August 2nd.
-
A\C and coolant
Here's the colour and state of my expansion bottle. Funny colour isn't it? It got a bottle of perrier still water the other day! Posh water 😄
-
A\C and coolant
All I get is Oil sensor failure take to workshop. It seems erratic that if ambient temperatures are >23° then the problem occurs, but also there's a patch of something that appears under the engine when I have left the car standing for a while. I've thought that it maybe condensate from the air conditioning system and that's been recently serviced and recharged. But the patch of something has been going on for a while. I was wondering if the two are connected in some way. Would water in the oil be detected by the oil sensor and cause it say that there was a failure? If so slightly odd that it only does it when the outside ambient temperature is >23° Nothing I can do until August 2nd anyway. No long journeys planned until after that date.
-
A\C and coolant
Could this also affect the oil sensor?
-
A\C and coolant
Is that why the coolant level keeps dropping and the car telling me to add water to the system? Are you meant to see the bag when topping it up? If so then you're right because I can only see the interior of the expansion bottle (header).
-
A\C and coolant
This is interesting as my header tank has changed colour and the garage want the car back (next available slot with loan car 02/08) but also my car tells me that it is upto full working temperature in around 2 mins (90° on the VC). This is impossible as far as I know. But it's also losing coolant somewhere and I'm having to carry a 5ltr bottle of water with me to keep topping it up. It makes no odds with me if the air conditioning is on or off. As my car is under 3yrs old it's being done under warranty.
-
Has anyone?
I'm so divided about the Mk4. One part of me wants one. The other part is screaming at me telling me not to touch one with the proverbial barge pole, due to the pure number of issues regarding reliability and such like with them.
- Has anyone?
-
Has anyone?
Ordered a Mk4 in Hyper Green? If so what's it like in the flesh and got any pictures you can share?
-
Dashcam cable??
Places to look for odd cables are: AliExpress Wish Ebay Etsy Try googling (sans quotes): "25cm USB C to USB C" "25cm USB C to Micro B"
-
Map update brings routing problems
My phone is connected to my car twice it charges wirelessly and then connects via USB cable to infotainment system for AA. I choose mostly to use Waze and it comes up on the screen fine. No issues whatsoever with routing etc.
-
Map update brings routing problems
I know Ords it's sad that I think that way, but the mapping is inferior to both and of course with Waze you get camera information and Google Maps you get some camera information, but also live traffic information too. I find that the built-in system is cack handed and absolutely abysmal when it comes to postcodes etc. I also use what3words too.
-
Map update brings routing problems
Simple solution don't use the built-in sat nav and use either Waze or Google Maps and Android Auto.
-
Under-Bonnet Thermal Insulation
Skoda dealers will order them for you.
-
Please help me fall in love with my car...
Can't wait to get shot of mine, when I got it I loved it, but the shine and love soon disappeared when all of the electronics issues and faults reared their ugly heads. It's been into the garage 15 times, it's going for the 16th time in August for another 3 days to have the oil sensor, thermostat sorted (it's telling me that the car is up to full working temperature in around 2 mins!) and coolant system purged and refilled (all under warranty). The latest charade left me stuck at work until 3am, because it wouldn't unlock and even if I used the door lock override and opened the door the alarm and immobiliser kicked in. Skoda Assist in the end booked me a taxi home! It turns out to be a broken key (new key required). OK the last one isn't really the car, but it is in a way because I couldn't override anything to get me home. I'm pretty much decided that my next car will NOT be a Skoda but a BMW 128.
-
Michelin PS4s
Got some Conti TS850 or 860s on what were some decent alloy rims until an old codger driving a Jaguar forced me into a kerb and damaged the rims of two. Not been used for a couple of years now because the weather hasn't warranted their fitment.
-
Michelin PS4s
I've got Michelin Pilot Sport 4's on order with tyresonthedrive. And thanks for the vote of confidence in them.