Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. Bestek and Kreiger are two well known brands. I've got Bestek for laptop charging although that's pretty redundant now as I've moved onto tablet pc's as they're easier to use and lighter. Mine I think is a 300w one that plugs into the 12v socket, it works and did the job at the time, haven't used it in ages.
  2. Just trying to use the wireless charger holster which I have the phone running Waze or Google Maps on and Android Auto for the music or putting the Waze/GM on the display.
  3. Hi. A quick question for those of you who have an electronic knowledge! Would one of these. Work with a wireless charger and connecting to the infotainment system simultaneously for Android Auto purposes? TIA
  4. So basically you pays your money and takes your choice.
  5. You say that but even so called well supported brands like Samsung have quite a few issues with connectivity to cars.
  6. Ebay or breakers yard.
  7. At home no. I live about a mile from the nearest phone mast, no powerlines here in the Surrey Hills. At work gawd knows where they are I know at work we get a pretty good 5G service but that shouldn't have any effect and the stuff I work on is generally old (1982-84 vintage). For now I'm keeping the key in my trousers pocket to see if it makes any difference.
  8. I've had to change the battery on my keys twice in 2 months and had one key leave me stranded. The only place it had been is on my carabiner on my belt with door keys.
  9. Changed my batteries to Duracell and so far so good. Had some Panasonic one's and it seems that they're not as good. But also it seems that it's not a good idea to put the key on a keyring with other keys as it seems to drain the battery quickly. Still wouldn't have it again.
  10. At least I think it is. 3 years is the warranty on Octavia's isn't it?
  11. The question is how much would a brand new card cost from a dealer?
  12. It's still under warranty by 6 months! So Skoda will have to pick-up the tab for it.
  13. I did top up the expansion bottle a bit this afternoon before work and noticed that when I looked down into the engine compartment where the belts run, there's what looks like a baseplate and that was wet. And the car hadn't been out prior to me going to work, so I think that it's the water pump that's leaking or about to jack it in. Let's hope it lasts until the 17th.
  14. If I can get a dry day without any wind I might find out.
  15. Thanks for all of the advice I'll look for the coolant tomorrow and top it up with that and see if any pink stuff is left on the road.
  16. Yes. It was meant to be going in on Monday but Garlands have balls up the loan car which I was meant to be having and been differed until 17th.
  17. Yep keep topping up the expansion bottle and I'm concerned that it could be getting into the oil system as well as leaking out from somewhere.
  18. I will do unfortunately it's chucking down with rain and blowing a hooey so any paper I put down is going to be soaked or blown away. 😕 I'll see about tomorrow.
  19. No sunroof fitted. If I get the chance I'll get some white wiper roll and dab it and see what colour it is.
  20. Don't know I only notice it when I'm about to drive off.
  21. Can I pick someone's brain please. I've noticed that when I park there's a pool of fluid behind the drivers side wheel about 4-6" from the inside of the wheel. Where would this likely come from? Water pump , AC condenser or a water hose? Had to fill up with water again today, 5th time in about 14 days, which would suggest that I have a serious water/coolant problem. Garlands seem happy for me to continue to drive the car saying it's perfectly safe to do so, despite the red warning ⚠️ appearing every few days!
  22. I won't be having KESSY again IF I have another Skoda. It's great when it works, but it has locked me out twice in a month and has got me so paranoid about being locked out that I'm carrying a spare key and at least 4 spare batteries! When it plays up it's too much of a pain in the backside.
  23. According to my car it's at full working temperature in about 2 mins and that's going to be wrong. Thermostat is going to be changed out in about 2 weeks time after Garlands cancelled my booking next week due to an oversight with the loan car🤦as I'll need to have it for at least 3 days whilst they purge the coolant system and do all of the work on it!
  24. Local route knowledge is great although I now tend to get a bit lost around Bridgwater as it has changed so much. I do do runs out occasionally to refresh certain routes making sure that things haven't changed too much with either Google or Waze to hand .

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.