Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
Michelin PS4s
Are they any good as I've had to order those in the absence of GY Asymmetric 3s that I wanted and tyre companies say they have and haven't got? Got a pair being fitted on Tuesday at home for £187.40.
-
Under-Bonnet Thermal Insulation
You can buy a noise deadening mat that clips to the underside of the bonnet. About £35 plus clips @ approx £5.
-
Goodyear Asymmetric 3 or 5?
Sting in this. Got an email from BC today telling me that my booking was cancelled due to operational reasons. That turned out to be they've lost a tyre somewhere! So I asked for a refund. Searched for the same tyres and found them for £12 less at the same retailer/fitting centre that BC were using originally. 😳 Booked and confirmed for Saturday afternoon.
-
Goodyear Asymmetric 3 or 5?
I've bagged a pair for the front for £189 delivered and fitted from Black Circles and fitted at a local tyre/exhaust place in Guildford. The efficiency ratings are better on the 3s.
-
Goodyear Asymmetric 3 or 5?
Hi. I've been told that my front tyres are now coming to the end of their lives, so need new ones. Always had Goodyear asymmetric on my RSs so wondering which is the best asymmetric 3 or 5? I've been reading the reviews and just got more and more confused! Your advice would be appreciated.
-
VRS 245 not exciting. Keep or change
Yep. But let's not mention them by number or route otherwise it'll get around and plod will be out there with patrols and speed guns galore!
-
Possible to completely disable (permanently) Kessy / Keyless entry?
Ultimately the question is "Why buy one with it?" The very idea of having it is for the convenience of it. If you're not going to use the functionality of it, then don't order it and save some cash.
-
My Fight is over
Bit big for a smart car?
-
SD card for different part of the world.
Always thought Apple was a pain in the butt. This proves it.
-
VRS 245 not exciting. Keep or change
And RS can be a drivers car of you know where to go, exciting it's not, but then again there's too many backstabbers with dashcams and plod hiding in horsebox trailers etc that kill any enjoyment on the roads these days. I want rid of mine. I'd like a VW Golf GTi, but the boot is a bit on the small side and I think that they're overpriced for what they are, especially if you add on stuff that Skoda do for less.
-
My Fight is over
So much for owners being told or is that palmed off with information saying that a new batch of software is due imminently.
-
My Fight is over
Well you're not alone with this and I'm still having trouble with my Mk3 and I can't wait to get rid of it now, but having seen all of the issues and problems that Mk4 owners are having I'm afraid that I'm not considering having another Skoda at the moment unless there's a major step change in the reliability and satisfaction of owners on here.
-
SD card for different part of the world.
Probably the best thing to do would be to visit the Skoda update portal, enter your vin number and download a new set of maps from there and then format the sd card and install the new set.
-
My Fight is over
Chances are that they will download and install new software and firmware updates to correct all of the issues you've had prior to sale to the next victim owner.
-
Coolant loss
I'll have to wait until 29th. What I do know is that when I park up when I comes back it's not uncommon to find that there's a small pool of water under the engine. Now whether that's condensate from the air conditioning or water leaking from the coolant system I don't know, but I'm checking it every couple of days.
-
Coolant loss
Had my scrap heap ask for water again today. 3rd time in as many weeks. It goes in on the 29th for the ever recurring oil sensor failure fault and now loss of coolant. I've told them that it's had a new sump and another full load of new oil, but the coolant fault is another new fault, I'm expecting that they'll try and palm me off with some excuse to screw me for money. I just wish I could get rid of this [censored] car. I just haven't got the money to pay it off and put a deposit down on a Jag or BMW.
-
Just taken delivery...and then found this forum
The short answer is don't. If you attempt it and it "bricks" your car, you'll be saddled with any costs to rectify the problem if it's recoverable or the full replacement costs of any ECU that may have been made inoperable/inoperative.
-
Just taken delivery...and then found this forum
Thanks for that. If it corrects 99% of the issues then I may consider another RS. But at the moment it's not even on the shortlist. 😔
-
Just taken delivery...and then found this forum
Let me know if your cars are working correctly after the June updates please. I'm now starting the process of choosing my next car and I don't want any software or firmware glitches in my next one (should it be a Mk4 RS).
-
Oil sensor failure Pt.2
They've checked the wiring loom and found nothing, changed just about everything they can, the only thing I can think is that they reflash the ECUs with fully updated software, if it then still fails... Err?
-
Oil sensor failure Pt.2
Hi. I had the car serviced by Garlands under my cars service plan, so that would've been done correctly. It has had a second oil replacement after the oil sump was destroyed (after hitting something) and replaced/repaired and that was done by Lookers Guildford. The oil sensor has been replaced at least 3 times and it goes away for a while only to reoccur a short time later, they've checked the wiring and the sensors and can't find the issue. The noise dampener is the official Skoda one. As for staying with Skoda, I want to but... This car has been the worst car I've ever had with what will be the 14th time for multiple electrical system failures, everything from ACC, Front assist, Braking, Park Assist, Door locking, Infotainment system going blank, VC going blank blah blah blah and seeing the large amount of significant electronic issues that Mk4 owners are having I don't want another one. This is my 5th Octavia (4th RS).
-
ACC
You can alternatively adjust (reduce) the distance that it works at. But just remember that if you adjust and it hits something you could be held culpable. The police would say you're not driving with due care and attention. If I engage it, it's usually in average speed limit area to stop getting a ticket, but I always keep things under manual control as to avoid sudden braking and the possibility of a rear end collision.
-
Oil sensor failure Pt.2
As some people know I've had a lot of issues with my car and they seemed to disappear when they updated one of the ECUs and replaced the camera which failed. However one of the main issues has been oil sensor failure and the instruction take car to workshop. All winter it has been quiet and good as gold until two days ago when the weather changed and the ambient temperature was 21°C and after restarting the car from being parked up for 20' pulled away and ping... The dreaded oil sensor failure appears on the VC. Now that started me thinking that the noise dampener that I fitted under the bonnet may be responsible for it malfunctioning, so I unclipped it and removed it and then the next day thought it would cure it... Did it heck as like! It made it worse. I've driven it when it's cooler and get nothing 🤔 Could the oil type be a factor in this? The oil has been replaced twice by dealers, once in a service and last time a few weeks ago after the sump was destroyed by an object and subsequently repaired and oil replaced. Can anyone think of a solution to this saga please? Because it's now booked in for the 14th time at the end of June for rectification. I know one thing this is my last Skoda.
-
Noisy folding mirror
I've got a noisy mother and mother in law. I've tried lubricating them with copious amounts of alcohol, but still groan and squeak. Any ideas?
-
Radio station logos
Some of the newer stations may be missing from this file but the majority should be there including some now obsolete ones.