Skip to content

nickytheshaft

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nickytheshaft

  1. The thing is if it is the "small" handle as I have, there is no way to fit a genuine camera. Only third party ones.
  2. If the wheel size are available stock on the car then there will be no issues with the insurance as the car is made to ride with theme. For the remap, it will affect the insurance. How much? I can't tell as the 1.4 may not exist with the power.
  3. mine where almost gone on mr rs but the cable on the pad wasn't cut so it did not trigger the warning, the person doing the technical control of the car saw it. So be carreful and visually check the pad.
  4. I find your consumption hight. On my 2l TSI I have between 7 and 8l per 100km on the highway and between 10 and 15 in the City. When my car was new, charging the tyres made a huge difference
  5. Yes retrofitting is the best option. Don't go the Chinese module option as 1 it is hit or miss with packing sensors and 2 you can not use Android Auto and the reste of the infotainment. It is one or the other as it goes trought the aux plug for sound.
  6. Sorry, I have tried. If the bolts are off then get a refund, I don't see why there should be a difference.
  7. this is not normal, I have a TSI VRS and can corner it very hard without loosing any traction.
  8. Nothing wrong, I have 224x45x17 the ride is a little rough (mostely due to the vrs suspension being stiff) but handling is great with asymmetric 3's
  9. Is your battery dying? I heard that low battery can trigger a few fault codes
  10. I hear you and had the same plan. These head units are good, juste bare in mind that you will loose some features like car diag ( I had a low oil level, the unit could not read the fault, fortunetely, the small dot matrix on the cluster could read it.) You will not have acces to all the car settings and and insisit on the call quality, while driving a highway speed, there is no noise cancellation like the stock microphone (that I tried hooking to the unit but it is a powerd mic so it didn't work) , so makes it unusable. I walked around it by adding a usb powered noise cancellation microphone it was ok but far from the stock sound. Also, to be able to hear the gps navigation, i had to install a 3rd party tts app and asign the app as the gps app. Not doing it, the navigation instructions are inaudible if you are on anything else than fm radio. if you can work with this then yes, these units are amazing but I personnaly went with th MIB2 upgrade. Worth every penny.
  11. These units work good as long as you are ready to loose some functions and mostely call quality. None of theme have good call quality and they do not understand speach recognition with android Auto. My advice, don't go that road. I have had 3 android units and finally went for a full mib2 upgrade. If you wish to go that root, the ebilaen is the only one that had drive profile sélection showing on the screen. As I said, call quality is horrible on every units and you will loose some functions and car settings.
  12. you can trust him, I went from a MIB1 to MIB2 flawlessely with his help
  13. with tht different mods, the speed the engin revs is also changed as well as the dsg settings if you are in automatic. The steering wheel stiffness and when the ac kicks in. I would go bask to the shop that remaped your car to have it checked.
  14. From my experience, on the Octavia, only the TDI has the Bonnet cover, not the TSI. I got a 2014 TSI new from the dealer and baught a cover from super Skoda as it didn't have it.
  15. How is the spelling with this unit. I have tried and Android head unit and an AI box and spelling was a hastle. Several seconds delay and always spelling wrong
  16. I am affraid you do... but if you recieved the unit recently, open a request before your time runs out. and ask them for the user manual.
  17. You should test that reverse cable to see if it is not to send the 12v to the camera. If yes the problem is elsewhere, if no then this box has an odd construction as the reverse signal goes trought the quadlock.
  18. Something is wrong here. I hade an Android head unit in my manual Octavia and reverse triggered a radar. I don't see why the manual reverse instruction would not go trought the canbus. If it was the case then you would never have the Radar, even on the stock head unit. Do you have such a cable labelled on the unit? If not then I think they are juste playing you.
  19. it should work. my guess is that the glove box unit has no influence. The unit just switches and takes advantage of the screen. You should be good to go.
  20. My petrol vrs came with 17 inch wheels and my winget tyres are also on 17 rims. So no problem at All. 16 won't fit
  21. I see you are on the simple soft canbus. Try "raise" usually it is what they provide. Also when changing canbus settings you have to be connected to the Internet. If not, it will not download the profiles. Also they are several Octavia profiles, choose the 2015 Octavia.
  22. Yes Amundsen mib1 can't go over the 5 inch screen

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.