Skip to content

Warrior193

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Warrior193

  1. Hi Mfizz, the brakes will not operate in full ABS mode (front assist) if you are only crawling along in a line of traffic - they will do so however if you are travelling in excess of about 15-20 mph. Automatic brake application is pretty fierce!
  2. Would have loved to see that GT2 lap with less traffic - and no speed-limited section.
  3. I presume Phil means REPLACE the pollen filter - very bad idea to remove the filter permanently. New filter costs as little as £8 - £15.
  4. Hi Fireman, is the upgraded tank 'Mit Silicat' or without?
  5. From the significant filter blockage I have seen on the photos posted, I am astounded that at least a check on the strainer isn't included in the service schedule.
  6. Hi Stuart, I have seen several references to the Haldex pump filter on this forum - complete with photos of pretty significant blockage. Try a Haldex pump filter search.
  7. I can remember when some downtown pavements were roped-off at intersections to stop pedestrians being blown into the traffic! At least smog wasn't too much of a problem.
  8. Hi Defiant, welcome to the forum. Wow, that was a hell of a long wait. Enjoy your new wagon. How are things in the windy city?
  9. Hi, vast majority of VW components will suit Skoda applications - Filters, oil, etc. will normally be branded by actual manufacturer but will show relevant approval reference number.
  10. Changed over to my Alpin5s yesterday, as I have an oil service and MOT due next week.
  11. Oh, bad luck - really rude rushing off after crashing the party.
  12. Nah, a shame and a retrograde step when VAG removed the SOC function on the Maxidot.
  13. Politely inform the dealer that unless they give you a firm date for resolution before the 30th of this month, you will commence a case with the County Court - and do it! Head the notice 'Without Prejudice' and send it to them by recorded delivery - and file the case online. Take a look on Google.
  14. Hi Steve, a big welcome to the forum - bad luck about the car, is Bambi safe in the freezer now?
  15. Hi Paulski, +1 on the left turning traffic - seems to be a bias to the left side on this system. Agree that lots of people rely over much on 'driver aids' although I do wish that I had specced ACC for mine.
  16. Hi, the picture you have posted of your front grill looks to have suffered some damage in the area of the radar sensor, - very possible that this sensor is out of calibration.
  17. How about a really nice, restored big-block Challenger or Camaro?
  18. +1 for the sound of a big V8, arguably the best engine sound around.
  19. I did a search myself - but couldn't find anything, I'm sure it was relatively simple - but a little time-consuming. Probably something like slowly adding coolant with the engine running, up to temperature and the heater full on. There is possibly an air-bleed valve somewhere. Get the original garage to sort it.
  20. Put a search for air lock coolant system, I 'm sure I've seen some reference to this problem on the forum before - not experienced it myself.
  21. Hi, possibly an air lock when the cooling system was refilled.
  22. Hi Sacundai, welcome to the forum - I'm only a lowly Octavia owner, but I'm sure there are plenty of Superb owners qualified to answer any questions you might have
  23. My changeover to winters (Alpin5s) is going to be fairly soon - even though snow has been very rare around here for the past three winters, I can say that the extra grip available in the cold and wet conditions is noticeable. They don't appear to notice ice (black or otherwise)
  24. Apologies if this is topic has been addressed previously - I couldn't find it in a search on the forums. Is there anyone else who thinks that VW/Skoda air filter change schedule is highly optimistic? VW appear to say change at 30,000 miles. My MY16 Octavia is now approaching 17,000 miles and I am going to change both the air and cabin filters soon. I did a little number crunching and have calculated that a 1.4 litre engine will consume something over 15.5 billion litres of air in 16,000 miles, even at moderate RPM! - that's more than 1,500,000 M3 if I haven't got my calc. wrong.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.