Everything posted by Luckypants
-
Best dashcam for Citigo?
Take a look at this too, better camera bundle and fitted at Halfords for only a little more money? https://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/nextbase-522gw-front-and-rear-dash-cam-bundle-450454.html
-
Full Skoda Enyaq review after 4500miles (or 7200 km).
@wr0na With your experience of long distances now, do you think driving slower and getting more miles per charge is a better strategy than driving fast and spending more time at chargers? Why do you think so? What was your charging regime? Did you use any route planning software such as A Better Route Planner? Interested in a real life experience and will no doubt have more questions!
-
Full Skoda Enyaq review after 4500miles (or 7200 km).
Hi Wrona, great review which I also read on the Facebook group. That was a big ol' drive!
-
What type of tyres are fitted as standard on Enyaq
From what I've seen, all MEB platform cars come with one of several brands of summer tyres. AFAIK these are:- Hankook Ventus S1 Evo Continental Eco-Contact Pirelli Scorpian Verde Bridgestone Dueller
-
3 pin charging cable for occasional use
I looked into this before lockdowns happened. I reckoned you get 9 miles per hour charging on 3-pin and the car is parked for 9 hours. So 80 odd miles added, with a 90 mile commute round trip. Seems a good saving. Moot now, full time WFH.
-
Fast charging at 100kW - anyone actually done it?
You will only get max charge rate at low states of charge, typically below 15%. At 50% it won't go at full chat and will ramp down slowly to 80% full and then drop off significantly. So for long trips its fastest to drive down yo low state of charge then rapid charge to 80%. See the graph of charging rate below.
-
AC charging
The max state of limiter works for both AC and DC charging, regardless of location. Scheduled charging is not working in the car, so use the scheduling on your home charger to ensure you use the off-peak rates. You just have to remember to raise the limit to 100% if you want to use the full potential of the battery.
-
AC charging
Yes there is. All EVs I have come across have this feature. Go to the vehicle charging screen, there is a slider at the bottom of the screen to limit the max. state of charge. The slider also shows current state of charge, so perhaps you have not seen the limit 'blob'. This is an image of the screen I got from the internet, at the right hand side of the green bar at the bottom, you will see it says 'Charge to 90%' - this is the slider that can be moved so it says charge to 80%
-
POWERPASS - Skoda's version of IONITY
Has anyone tried this? Looking at the powerpass public charging map (https://www.skoda-auto.com/emobility/public-charging) not all Porsche dealers show up. The only one I can find that does show is Sheffield where someone in the Enyaq Facebook group posted pictures of him using it.(https://www.facebook.com/groups/3036207156410016?hoisted_section_header_type=recently_seen&multi_permalinks=4538818049482245) I'd like to know if it really is all Porsche dealerships or just those that have opted in?
-
21" Alloy Tyre Sizes on model 60 and 80 are different?
The VW ID.4 also does this on the 82kWh / 150ps models. The Enyaq 60 has a less powerful motor so less likely to generate wheel slip (and possibly as a result less powerful regen?), so does not need as much grip generating. I think the wider rears are to counteract the more powerful motor. As roottoot points out, that might not be a good thing in the wrong conditions. I'll be wary of regen in any snow I encounter. Plus side for narrower tyres on a 60, less rolling resistance and so higher economy.
-
Enyaq suspension
Oh, I didn't put it and in case you have not twigged..... I have VW ID.4 so practically the same car
-
Enyaq suspension
FYI My pressures were way too high from the dealer, making the ride a bit jiggly and hard. Reset to to correct pressures and its been great. I have same tyres as you, so I expect you will find a big improvement.
-
EV Insurance cost, servicing, how to spot a dud etc.
FWIW My ID.4 is costing almost the same to insure as my Karoq 2.0Tdi 4x4 did. I think the ID.4 is about £10 a year more. So far the increased PCP cost has been offset by fuel savings, so its costing broadly similar to run / own.
-
AWD Enyaq but in Ecosuite trim
Not got a helpful answer but that would have been my preferred specification too. As neither Skoda nor VW were offering AWD until late 2021 and I needed to replace my car, I opted for a RWD ID.4 and some snow socks if the weather gets bad. So not helpful but will follow the thread with interest.
-
What3words app
Rescue and emergency services do not rely on W3W, but will use whatever data the caller can give them. If W3W is the location system the caller has, it gets used. W3W is millennials re-branding a concept and thinking they have another new idea again. The better system in the UK is still the OS 6 or 8 figure grid reference as it places you precisely on a ubiquitous mapping system that is used by all rescue services. It is always available with no reliance on batteries or signals as it is carried in paper form very easily. Anyone out on the hills should carry the OS map for area and know how to use it. Sadly technology has made folks think this is obsolete. Instead of W3W app, folks should have the OS Locate app on their phone, which generates the exact grid reference of the location. I have used it to summon an ambulance to a remote road. They found us quickly and with no confusion.
-
VW ID.4 SUV EV
- Enyaq iV Owners Register
Me too!- VW ID.4 SUV EV
VW are now making a "coupé" version of ID.4, to be called ID.5. Doesn't look a lot different. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/first-drive-2021-volkswagen-id-5-gtx-prototype-review?fbclid=IwAR28L6alIVZgV-RDnH4lq0CpTSjrlPE5DSG-UikPoORSlC9r_1-6y0q6QA0- Mobile telephone volume on Enyaq
Ah yes! I didn't want to complicate things by mentioning that the steering wheel controls should work too - plus I didn't know if was left or right! Glad you found it and its working for you.- Mobile telephone volume on Enyaq
Its the same volume slider as you would use to adjust radio / media playback volume, just below the screen. That's what I meant by the volume slider being context sensitive. Go to the phone screen, initiate a call and see if you can increase the volume using the volume slider at the base of the infotainment screen.- Mobile telephone volume on Enyaq
Whilst in a call, have you tried using the volume button on the infotainment to increase the volume? The volume slider is context sensitive, so adjusts the volume of whatever is active. I use a call to my voicemail service to adjust stuff like this.- Telegraph Enyaq Review
@croquemonsieurDo you get 400 miles from your Karoq at motorway speeds? I only ever did that once on a particularly good run to Scotland in my 3 years of ownership and 37k miles. Even on that run we had 3 stops for breaks, pee, coffee, lunch etc. Everywhere we stopped had a rapid charger. This convinced me 250 mile range was more than adequate for an EV. (Remember the EV charges while you are getting lunch etc. No need to stand there like fossil fueling)- EV Car and Charger grants
I watch some of those too. They are heavily skewed towards the expensive kit though. Anderson charger is twice what I paid for my Wallbox fully fitted. The installation process is interesting though.- EV Car and Charger grants
Literally just updated my Wallbox!- Article from yesterday's Guardian
I'm getting annoyed with people who just get in an EV with no idea how to charge, where to charge or the requirements for charging. Although as a non-Scot, I do get his point about Chargeplace Scotland - who'd have thought public chargers provided with public money need a special card you can only get by joining a special club? However, I know I need to join the special club as I do a bit of research. How early adopters of EVs managed to stay civil to ignorant ICE drivers is quite impressive. Maybe I'm unusual in having wanted an EV for several years and couldn't find the right thing at the right price - so I've researched a lot. I'd still expect people to have researched a little bit though! - Enyaq iV Owners Register
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.