Skip to content

Luckypants

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Luckypants

  1. Its going straight to the detailer for a buff up and ceramic coating, so will have it for an hour or so then lose it for a week!
  2. My Karoq has just been returned to the lease company this morning. It has been a very good car, absolutely ideal for our needs. We made the decision some time ago that our next car would be electric, so we were hoping the Enyaq would be the one, due to really liking our Karoq. Unfortunately, lead times and the ordering / launch chaos has meant that we dropped Skoda from our plans weeks ago. So the Karoq replacement will be an ID.4, picking up tomorrow. However, we still have our Citigo and the electric vehicle section on here is very interesting, so I'll be hanging about - just no longer a Skoda 'pure-blood'
  3. My Karoq went back to the lease company this morning. It's been a good car. Unfortunately the Enyaq order book did not open up in time for me, so its being replaced by a VW ID.4. We pick that up tomorrow.
  4. Luckypants replied to vrskeith's topic in Skoda Enyaq
    How can they announce such a big change to run with 'immediate effect'?
  5. The PICG has been reduced again and is now only available on cars £35k or less. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/plug-in-car-van-and-truck-grant-to-be-targeted-at-more-affordable-models-to-allow-more-people-to-make-the-switch?fbclid=IwAR2uRO2ny7uTXcYtqjNiiZ09Q-bjWvZp7DWbEs-YfWjwLEAvsj1gVgK8nJ0
  6. I would imagine LG remains part of the plan, the amount of batteries required is massive. LG has a LOT of battery manufacturing capacity. If VW have torpedoed LG, it will most likely be a rebuke for them potentially screwing up VW battery supply in the US. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-lg-chem-sk-innovation-lawsuit-idUSKBN2AA2WR
  7. Robert Llewelyn's Fully Charged review
  8. WhatCar review https://www.whatcar.com/volkswagen/id4/estate/review/n22789
  9. Let's see how it does on their "Loveland Trials" test. I'm looking forward to that video.
  10. Hopefully this will improve motorway charging options, not just in England.
  11. Luckypants replied to vrskeith's topic in Skoda Enyaq
    Thanks Danny, those of us without salary sacrifice have to pay full price, so knowing those numbers for comparison is a great help.
  12. Luckypants replied to vrskeith's topic in Skoda Enyaq
    By using the term 'net cost' I assume you are getting your car through a salary sacrifice scheme? Can you tell us the gross amount for the lease?
  13. I think its telling that all the new cars I've looked at recently have hard covers.
  14. Had a look. The heat pump price has gone down from last I checked
  15. My dealer has been OK for service - certainly the extensive warranty work was done without any hassle. They organised courtesy cars as required and the car is always clean on return. So thumbs up for the service team. The sales team, much less so. Not very interested in selling the Karoq as its a lease. Hand over was basically, "heres the keys, its in the corner over there". I figured out how to work all the bells and whistles myself. Sales are apparently not interested in speaking to me about an Enyaq, despite me telling them I wanted to be priority order and ready to purchase (not lease). Even filling in on-line requests and taking a virtual tour on-line, asking to be referred to my dealer, they never once called back. I stopped calling sales weeks ago.
  16. TLDR: Its not a Tesla. I agree with his point about plug and charge, seems crazy this is not offered from the get-go. Mercedes offer it on Ionity and Ford seem to be offering it also. It does sound like he was driving the pre 2.1 software version, so there are updates to go to that vehicle. Version 2.1 enables OTA, so VW have the opportunity to address his concerns. Wait and see. He didn't mention Travel Assist, which seems to be much better than Tesla's Autopilot from what I've seen. Wonder why?
  17. Looks pretty good. Captured while charging on a test run in Korea.
  18. You do realise the e-TRon GT is sharing its chassis and powertrain with the Porsche Taycan? It is a totally different animal to the original e-tron SUV and sportback.
  19. Audi are getting this out there now
  20. I don't agree with her comparing this to i-Pace/EQC/E-Tron, those are much more upmarket cars. I think the competition is more ID.4, Enyaq, Ioniq 5, Model Y and maybe E-niro / Kona. REPLY
  21. Causing a stir
  22. I like the look of it, The 18 minute charging makes it just like an ICE car IMHO. I don't see any word on when they will be delivered, but the order book is open. I can see a lot of people wanting one.
  23. Luckypants replied to vrskeith's topic in Skoda Enyaq
    Given orders open today, why is he waiting until the 7th to put your order in? Seems odd. The delay and general confusion has lost them another customer it seems. @bripatWhat have you gone for instead?
  24. @e-Roottoot Impressively cheap charging. The cost of the Chargeplace Scotland card is money well-spent. You're very lucky to have such a scheme, nothing similar here. In fact the WAG are so far behind the times they are only now recognising that there is a need for charging infrastructure. @wyx087 I think I'll be similar and would need to get over my objection to 69p charging. Good way of looking at it.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.