Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. Prezafab replied to Brijo's topic in Skoda Yeti
    I wore very dark glasses when I had to suffer one for six months. My other half called it the purple pimpmobile...
  2. Prezafab replied to Brijo's topic in Skoda Yeti
    I did see a Chrysler PT Cruiser yesterday. You definitely have to be in cult to drive one of those - I had a company car one for 6 months until something better came along !
  3. Prezafab replied to Brijo's topic in Skoda Yeti
    I get more people waving at me in the Impreza than the Yeti. Well, I think they are waving.
  4. ... Not that far off our last model diesel Yeti to be honest, but they've just made it back down South ok, so it can't be terminal ! I know about the latest cambelt guidance but that's a whole different debate😶
  5. Prezafab replied to Paul52's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Forums are always a good place for airing experiences and recommendations. Sometimes it's worth trying other people's ideas and suggestions - it makes life interesting.
  6. That's my theory too - otherwise they would all leak after a few years as parts aged. Perhaps another poll should add "Do you regularly drive on broken,bumpy roads" (no joke intended about the state of local roads)
  7. I agree, not my car. That is the only thing I would have thought would make it rattly - unless there are other suggestions ??
  8. Prezafab replied to Paul52's topic in Skoda Yeti
    ...my Impreza hates anything less than 97 RON fuel, so I know what you mean. Tesco Momentum (99) is it's preferred tipple over any other fuel, and I've tried a few
  9. Prezafab replied to Paul52's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Agreed, it's interesting that the EV makers are spending lots of time getting the CD factors down. Also, to backup what you said, we took our new 170ps Yeti abroad years ago for skiing and it would not go more than 127mph whatever we did - I put it down to the drag around the front wheelarches. The Octavia 190 4x4 estate indicated 145 (couldn't quite crack 150 in Germany).
  10. Thanks. Definitely sounds rattly - I'd better do a search - can you remember what the causes were on the previous ones ?
  11. Just visiting from Yeti forum. Relative has a 2018 1.5 TSi DSG with low miles (15k) and is staying with us for a couple of days. Just checked the oil and water etc and it sounds quite rattly to me after starting up to inflate the tyres. - Is that normal - Any known issues around this. I'm sure the cambelt was done just before sale but not sure the the tensioner for example. Any thoughts - if it's normal I don't want to worry them.
  12. I know it's not, but reading about the hassle you've been through, if this was the U.S.A, there would have been a forced recall to fix it. I also have an Audi with a serious weakness but I will have to keep buying extended warranties in case it fails, whereas there is a (free) recall notice over there. I honestly would seal the roof if there is a fool-proof way of doing it, however daft that is.
  13. I hope you get some other answers.
  14. I'm sure there are UK breakers who will post overseas (at a cost), but as suggested, you could also fit decent but reasonably priced seat covers, supplied in France.
  15. I would buy a second-hand drivers seat or a good cover to be honest.
  16. Does it still look a sleeper / Q car - those are the best fun on the road. I've had a few...
  17. Just noticed you have a 2.0 Fabia - that was my mum and dad's first one in 2004. So easy going to drive.
  18. Air filter added, thanks. I don't think the Gearbox oil needs changing yet - it's had an easy life and is smooth.
  19. Just calling in from the Yeti forum. My elderly mum's 64 plate Fabia is hardly doing any miles, but its on 40k and due at least an oil change. What would you recommend ? I thinking brake fluid and spark plugs are sensible - anything else ? (I presume cambelt is a daft 140k these days?)
  20. Prezafab replied to Paul52's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Very respectable. We averaged similar in the last DSG 1.2 we had. I occasionally drive my elderly mum's 2014 Fabia with the same 105bhp engine, and you are right re the aerodynamics as it's regularly doing over 50mpg on the motorway.
  21. Oh...
  22. Why don't you look for a Yeti Green line with the same engine you've got in your Fabia. This looks half decent for example https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202405099543006?sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&fuel-type=Diesel&make=Skoda&maximum-badge-engine-size=1.6&minimum-badge-engine-size=1.6&model=Yeti&postcode=mk158ba&year-to=2024&fromsra
  23. The opening ones - the vast majority (all?) of VWG models have opening ones. Even the Scirocco we had with one tilted up an inch at the back despite being a large glass panel blended into the windscreen edge. The A8 as an example has a proper sliding roof section as do Tiguans and Q3s etc. Plenty do leak.
  24. I get it. I delayed making a decision on a fantastic Audi with quite literally every option on it last year. The added options alone were more than half the list price. Looked great with the pan roof...

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.